2 small questions

Psych0matt

1. My SES light comes and goes every few days, and I haven't had time to take it somewhere to get the code pulled (stupid obd 1.5). I'm thinking something EGR related

2. engine kinda stumbles/stutters between about 35 and 50mph, but no where else, and only while maintaining speed, any thoughts?

Ooh yeah, uuuummm, I'm gonna have to go ahead an pull a "Lumbergh" and suggest you check your TPS (reports) mmmmmkay? If you could go ahead and do that, that would be great! Thanks a bunch! :lol:

Of course, this makes no sense to anyone who's never seen "Office Space," so what I'm saying is to check the Throttle Position Sensor :wink: ...

Sorry, meant for #2. The Throttle Position Sensor is attached to your throttle body (the throttle shaft, actually) on the opposite side of the throttle cable cam. It's basically a rheostat, sending a varying resistance to the PCM relative to throttle position. Being that it's a rheostat (picture a dimmer switch in your home and you get the idea) sometimes the contact points wear out in certain spots, thus confusing the PCM and causing the engine to stumble.

I had a TPS problem on my 94 GA's 3100, but it turned out it was the TPS harness and connector that was screwed up, not the TPS itself...

alright, that all makes sense, just didn't know the exact location of it. It never did that until I drove it once or twice in Jan or Feb, I pulled it out for a few hours to get her running.