Hydraulics?

OldsmoBeast

OK i know you're all laughing at me......well i'm laughing at me too. all my friends think that since my car is 'ghetto' i should add some 'ghetto hydraulics, yo!'. I don't even know if it's doable on a 91 cutlass supreme.....it's prolly illegal but does anyone know anything about it?

thanks

YK

all my boys been sayin i shoudl get them on my regal but i dunno if it can eb done n i havent found a place that does them to find out neone got ne info?

Hydraulics have very little "give" to them because hydraulic fluid compresses very little. Your ride quality would be as if you welded your strut shaft to the strut body.

If you want to still have a decent ride but make the ride height change quickly, what you want is an airbag suspension. This uses air springs that are inflated by a compressor. A bigger compressor and bigger tank makes them raise faster. Air suspension rides pretty good, some cars like the Lincoln Mark VIII got it factory. The Audi Allroad also uses air suspension to give it additional off-road lift. Most lowriders are choosing to go with air over hydraulics due to the decent ride quality.

Either way, it will cost many thousands of dollars to purchase and install such a system. Easily $3000+.

I hate lowriders, especially people who drive around in them thinking that they're pimps and shit. No offense to you or anything, but forget about it. That shit is worse than rice.

OK i know you're all laughing at me......well i'm laughing at me too. all my friends think that since my car is 'ghetto' i should add some 'ghetto hydraulics, yo!'. I don't even know if it's doable on a 91 cutlass supreme.....it's prolly illegal but does anyone know anything about it?

thanks

YK

There's a company here in Vancouver that does it, they say the parts alone cost about $2,000 and up not including installation. That's with the batteries, pumps, cables, etc. Apparently it isn't too difficult to install, but it's tedious. I wouldn't have a clue though. But why ruin your Buick? For that type of money I'd have all the bodywork done and repaint the car. The hell with hydraulics. Hell I'd even use that money to drop an L36 and 4T65-E to replace the current engine.

all my boys been sayin i shoudl get them on my regal but i dunno if it can eb done n i havent found a place that does them to find out neone got ne info?