Help me build my car... with sexy results!

Stevo

Ok this is the 'sitch!'

The Materials...

88' Olds Cutlass Supreme SL Coupe Barebones car w/ 14" Steel Rims no luggage rack and Cruise control.

Condition is questionable since it has sat for a few years and only last fall has it not budged an inch with the starter being replaced in January but the gas tank and lines are toast (the reason why it isnt starting up but turning over). Both rocker panels should be cut from

A-pillar to pretty much B-pillar and replaced. Passenger side has damage repair but from a long time ago and the improper work on it has rotted the wheel well in the area big enough to get a thumb in. Front nose upper frame shows signs of repair from my clip back in 96' where a douche bag in a hurry struck me from the side as I nosed out in an intersection (the car was struck at a 90* angle with the impact clipping the side marker forward enough to pull the car's body out of alignment. the car was in to the dealer where it was straightened back to spec.) Also from typical abuse the body panels have various shallow dings which with some TLC can be smoothed out.

93' Olds Cutlass Supreme International Coupe w/ 16" Saw Blades and 16" International Rims.

Condition is assured. The car is a right off... Damage to the front upper nose framing and roof is in my unproffesional opinion unrepairable and if it was. I would not be comfortable driving it in any capacity. Everything in the car from A pillars back sans windshield is salvagable. Even the Moonroof surprisingly. I am on the fence with the Engine but from a quick inspection I am thinking the engine AND subframe is salvageable. The rad and trans cooler are toast. The noseclip, hood and fenders are TOAST!

The Plan...

Take the 88' and Strip it down the the bare body. I'm talking if it's bolted on it's coming off. Inspect EVERY part that is compatable with the 93 and restore it (remove rust by hand, repaint for reinstallation - 4R's). Take the body and media blast the shit out of it to see what I have to work with (pray to god there is something left. Once the body is stripped, repaired and ensured it is stock it then is made ready to recieve resto.

Take the 93' and Strip it. LQ1 gets torn down and the oil pump drive gets fixed (Victor Rienz top end kit $190). Template is made from the roof for the 88' so that the moonroof can be 'properly cut' and installed (not just a hole but lip and reinforcing). The 4R's are also done on all salvagable parts. All electrical and mechanical is transferred to the 88' after inspection, cleaning, repairing.

I need a hood, possibly fenders, a driver's side wheel molding and fender molding, nose clip with all the extras (hood latch, rad support, rad, aux rad, lights, et al.) This is the bitch part though.

The Final product...

I was considering creating an 88' Pace Car 'Tribute' 5th Anniversary. The car would retain the Burgundy color scheme but the lower portion will be the silver color (black areas will be burgundy essentially). Interior will retain it's grey look but accents of burgundy from the 88' interior which is already cut to size. Using digital templates I want to create some small graphics for the sides and rear. All exterior references to the International status will not be retained but on paper it's an International still. Not sure as to what engine mods are possible or even cost effective.

Right now I am 75% done on a paper model of a Canadian Forces Iltis so this is my next graphic project so I will show you what I am planning for the Tribute visually.

Anyone have any ideas what I should be doing here? Engine mods with the engine out? Rear Suspension Replacement? Anything body wise? Is making a Pace Car Tribute a good idea w/o plastering the sides with graphics?

Your help is suggestions and opinions, links and tech data. Thanks :D

Wowwwwww!!!

I got a call from a friend of my father. He OFFERED to go up and grab the car for me!

I rented a carrier from UHAUL... note 29.99 and 39.99 prices are bs since we had to switch his ball hitch to a SMALLER one to carry the car carrier. I also had to buy a power switch adapter which is a standard purchase. So guess what folks... false advertising on the website.

Anyhow. Duane was awesome to do this for me so he pulled my gimped supreme back to town. He wouldnt let me fill his tank either. I only managed to buy coffees and get some class 'A' restaurant food into him, ffs. Now I have both cars in the city. Now I gotta figure out the next step. I think I just may strip the 88' RIGHT in the driveway... muahahaha. The 93' wont run for reasons I cannot think of at the moment. I'd like to pull the LQ1 and put it on an engine stand to work on it in the driveway. It would be fuckin sweet to have it in the back yard on the deck but near impossible to get the goddamn thing up a flight of stairs and around the house, even if it was possible for the deck to hold it.

0104071817fv7.jpg

0104071821ly9.jpg

0104071818oz8.jpg

csinttribkx9.jpg

Stock 1993 CS International Coupe illustration (right hand side). I created from scratch all done in vectors for ease of changes.

Tribute version to follow tommorow night as it's late.

That vector art look awesome!! You should do one for my Regal! That's so kickass.

Thank you sir. I think it would be easier TO DO your car since there are no doubt more othographic views of the Regal than the CS.

Meanwhile back at the driveway .... MUAHAHAHAHA

Projected location of Moonroof despite obvious structural issues apparent.

0404071535iz1.jpg

Bah ... who needs cloth when leather is so available. (note all the interior pieces are in great shape)

interiorlv9.jpg

Leaving this...

0404071604zo3.jpg

What pisses me off is the driver's seat is jammed in the far back position. Also the bolts that hold it down are reverse torx so I dont have anything to pull them. I just hope the seat can move forward to get the rear ones or it's CUT CUT time. I am also hoping the bolt locations are compatible with the 93' models. I was able to remove the driver's seat in the 93' easy in order to repair the bolster tear.

Hopefully I can strip the whole car down in order to get it ready for media blasting.

csinttribexample1gx8.jpg

Ok here is what I'd like to do.

-Paint will be near to the Regal's Burgundy. Very dark and the grey on the bottom will emulate the 88' Pace Car's.

-The interior will feature the 93' Leather Bucket's trimmed with Burgundy from my 88's interior trim if I dont sell the 88's trim.

-The leather seats will be disassembled, worn/damaged areas repaired and corded with burgundy. I realized the other day my Aunt has a pattern embroidery machine. Ideas are pouring out of my head as to what I can put either on headrests or seatbacks stitched in place.

-Rims will be fashioned to look like the Pace Car's rims. I have a set of brand new tires sitting in the basement with stickers still on them.

-As for exterior logo's and nameplates. I am not sure about getting new DOHC/24Valve emblems since my new Cutlass Supreme emblems are gold ala 'gold edition' package I bought on ebay.

-I may need a new tail light and a reverse light bar to get rid of the damaged pieces.

Next will be a couple of snaps of the engine bay and plans for it's treatment.

Ok ... had a look at the 93' ... The LQ1 is shoved back about a couple of inches. The subframe is pretty much fucked. So with the weekend here and my HAVING to move the car again ... it may end up in my driveway... FUCK!!!!

I so did not want to look at this car every day. I'm gonna sound like a pussy but everytime I see this car... I relive the whole fuckin experience. Now I will relive it everyday. I so wish I had a cutter to fucking carve up the front of this thing.

*runs off to purchase a car cover*

Bored... cant sleep.

Both cars to be in the driveway Sunday.

I just refined the vectors template so I can spit out ideas.

csslfinalco3.jpg

88' CS SL Coupe. (nice steelies ... lol)

csintfinaldm1.jpg

93 CS International Coupe.

cspctribfinalex3.jpg

93 CS 88' Pacecar Tribute 5/20 Anniversary

Since you can't sleep, you can make vector art of my car. :lol:

If I had money, i'd pay you for it. Or at least, come up and help you work on your car. Good luck with the project, man.

Added my 88' for shits and giggles.

Now I have to work on my Iltis project. gg Canadian Forces reject!

Is it me or does the 2 Tone with a lighter color on bottom make the car look like it's riding higher???

Also here is a screen shot of my vector work with the 88' SL...

ggvectorspg5.jpg

Also, orthographic. pertaining to or involving right angles or perpendiculars: an orthogonal projection.

b. (of a system of real functions) defined so that the integral of the product of any two different functions is zero.

c. (of a system of complex functions) defined so that the integral of the product of a function times the complex conjugate of any other function equals zero.

d. (of two vectors) having an inner product equal to zero.

e. (of a linear transformation) defined so that the length of a vector under the transformation equals the length of the original vector.

f. (of a square matrix) defined so that its product with its transpose results in the identity matrix.

ex.

leftgk4.jpg

Picture of a digital car model from the side orthographically shot.

leftperspie0.jpg

Same picture as above showing perspective as something is normally seen.

The way to shoot a subject to remove perspective the cheap and easy way is to shoot the subject from a distance with zoom.

Top view shots of a car to remove perspective would be thought hard but in fact is easy. Find a friend who has a balcony in an apartment building. Park the car directly below the balcony. Shoot the car from the balcony so that the focal point and camera are perpendicular to the center of the car. Zoom in as much as possible to fill the frame. Easier to shoot the car from ends and sides taking care to have the camera and focal point perpendicular to the car.

It's important to remove as much perspective from a subject in order to have an accurate profile to work with. In 3D this can make or break a project. Nothing like working with 3 views that SHOULD match up and yet they dont.