1992 Cutlass Supreme SL

NightStalker

I recently became the owner of a used 1992 Cutlass Supreme SL, and have been saerching like crazy to find after-market parts for my new baby. I want to put 18" rims on, but Im not sure what tires to put on, and/or if it'll fit without any problems. I am also interested in lowering my car, for a more aggressive and defined look, without lowering it and not being able to keep the body off the pavement. Any help and/or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

You'll be able to fit the 18" wheels you want on it. There's been some topics on here about wheels sizes / backspacing / etc... search for it (using the function above) and hopefully you'll come out with some answers.

As for the lowering, it's all dependant on how much you want to spend. For the front, you can snag lower springs for the McPierson [spelling?] struts from either Suspension Techniques or other have used newer Gen II W-Body springs to lower the front end. As for the rear, there's two ways: grab a new transverse mono-leaf and install that; or order a pair of adjustable coil-overs from like Fast Foward Performance (FFP). Ask around here, there a few members who have them installed and have been greatly impressed. Best of luck, and welcome to the board!

Bottom Line: expect to pay for suspension parts...

* $100+ for front springs

* $350+ for non-adjustable mono-leaf

* $310 for adjustable coil-overs (no struts included)

* $479 for adjustable coil-overs (assembled with performance struts)

Links:

Fast Foward Performance

Suspension Techniques (you'll most likely have to go through JC Whitney or other on-line car catalogs to find them)

- RedFox340

i would go with the springs and the adjustable coil overs with struts, if you want to do it right with quality. and have profesoinals put them in if you dont know what your doing, nothing worse than to screw up your suspention, then almost everything else goes to shits, lol mainly tires