92 regal gs rke question

raydjr

I am new here and have a question about my keyless entry receiver. I have grounded the lead in the trunk and it does not cycle the power door locks. Does that mean my reciever is bad or is there some relay in line? I have looked at all the solder joints and they seem OK. I have 12 volts on two leads to the rke box. When I use the power locks I heard the relays click in the rke box. Does any one know where I can find a replacement receiver or any other thoughts? I have a TRW AB00103r and the GM part number is 10233653. I was told by GM it is discontinued. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Guys:

I pointed raydjr to this forum in hopes that one of you can help him out. So is everyone saying that there is no place that offers a replacement RKE box new? Also, does anyone know where the relay is for it? I helped him look and I'll be damned if I can see anything. :neutral:

A year or two ago I remember seeing a shit ton of posts on this site about fixing the RKE box and re-enabling keyless entry. I can't find those posts now so I'm hoping one of the more seasoned :willynilly: veterans can step up and help this guy out.

-Rick

I finaly got it to work. Just wanted to thank demonte1977 for pointing me to this forum. I would also like to thank all of you for your input. I had to solder some cracked solder joints and wow it really worked. Thanks again for all of you input.

Ray

Mine didnt work, so I tried getting one from the junkyard, but it didnt work. I decided to go aftermarket and got a all in 1. Alarm, keyless, trunk release and auto starter. I just removed my box after that.