time to buy a fuel pump. would you buy this one from E-bay?

Crazy K

for that price, may as well!! Hopefully they don't leak-down with the key on/engine off like the POS aftermarket ones do.

Leak down?

I know when I do mine I'm going to get a Walbro.

I had to install a different aftermarket pump twice on my sister's old Cutlass, due to the pump not holding pressure after the initial 5 sec run with key on/ engine off. This creates a hard cold start condition.

If they're actually AC Delco pumps, go for it! About 1.5yrs ago, I paid ~$60 for a EP378 at a parts store. My original EP378 lasted 245,000 miles or so...

If they're actually AC Delco pumps, go for it! About 1.5yrs ago, I paid ~$60 for a EP378 at a parts store. My original EP378 lasted 245,000 miles or so...

what part store? I find NAPA has them for $90 :(

I think I want to grab two, since a spare never hurts.... or I might use the spare in one of my cars which needs a new gas tank.

Ken, I bought mine from Autozone back when they used to carry them(they no longer list AC Delco pumps in my area).

The EP378 is said to be a replacement for the 3.4 DOHC cars by many part sites so I would assume it would be fine for any 3400 unless you're going to boost it. I'm going to email AC Delco and see if they can provide some flow rate information.

Ken, I bought mine from Autozone back when they used to carry them(they no longer list AC Delco pumps in my area).

The EP378 is said to be a replacement for the 3.4 DOHC cars by many part sites so I would assume it would be fine for any 3400 unless you're going to boost it. I'm going to email AC Delco and see if they can provide some flow rate information.

I got one from AZ years ago too. no longer availible. and they had it with a lifetime warrenty! damnit.

I also saw that it is compatible with the 3.4 dohc cars too.

I choose today to buy two at the price they listed. I have a immediate need for one and a probable need for two... if not... a spare would not hurt in the least.

I bought two. they came in today... or at least I found them sitting in the mailbox tonight. they look like your typical pump which lack markings telling who made them, but so did the ACDelco pump I purchased from AZ several years ago. the vain blades or whatever it is you see through the bottom look like the ones on the known acdelco pump iirc, and not the master pump which had wider vains. I'll note that both pumps smell of gas... but I'll attribute that to them possibly quick testing them to make sure they are not duds. otherwise the box they were in was plain jane white unmarked.

both pumps come with the the long linear strainer that tend to be found in the tank with the old pump, and not the type AZ sells when you buy one. They also have a baggy with two of those plastic snap lock tabs typical on GMs, the rubber boot for the bottom which is much softer and crummy looking then the used ones I've seen, and a pigtail in case you need a new end.

... you bought NEW fuel pumps?! I thought you were a junkyard dog... Getting rid of the Lumina has changed you.....

if the fuel pump did not require dropping the tank... what do you think I would have done? I even contemplated whether a hole through the floor might appease the fuel pump Gods, but the verts have extra structure there so it can't be done.

I have not been able to put it in due to the weather, but I'm gonna go apeshit on the 92 vert tomorrow. I want that BITCH to run.

what's funny is I gave the neighbor my lumina's gas tank, cause at the time I did not need a gas tank. The 90 Olds internation has been parked since 98, and will certainly need a new tank. He decided to use my used fuel pump but thus far says he is reusing the rusted tank in the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!