88/89 to 1990 gauges interchangable?

Scottster

No. Reason being is that the earlier cars had pushbutton headlight switches that were wired differently, so the harness for the older gauge cluster is different on your newer car which has the wedge push/pull deal. You'd have to repin the harness, and I'd do a search on here, perhaps someone has done it. I know there's one person who has, but he's not here anymore.

Hmmm... :confused:

The headlight and Wiper pods are integrated into the wiring of the gauges? I would have thought they would each have their own harness.

Besides, could I not wire in the harness from the doner 1989 car?

My inital concern was whether the analoug speedo was cable driven. Maybe that's a silly question, but I haven't removed my cluster to check. Are all W-body speedos electronic?

Hmmm... :confused:

The headlight and Wiper pods are integrated into the wiring of the gauges? I would have thought they would each have their own harness.

My inital concern was whether the analoug speedo was cable driven. Maybe that's a silly question, but I haven't removed my cluster to check. Are all W-body speedos electronic?

The Speedo is electronic, i believe they all were.

But I don't understand how the headlights and wipers are integrated into the cluster, I personally want to put the 89 style headlight and wiper switches in my 90 GP.