Got my car done

Robby1870

Well, got the rockers in, new O2, cleaned injectors, new pushrods, adjustable vacuum modualtor. I got the MAP problem fixed. So, the cars runs so much better. The rockers mad a big difference, especially around 3K-5K rpms. Got the adjustable modulator tuned to my liking, and I love it. I didnt know the 4T60 was capable of such quick and precise shifts. Now, shifting into 2nd at WOT, the car is a handful to keep straight. I by-passed the TB coolant lines and changed oil-pump drive O-ring as well. Just wanted to let everyone know I got it done (for those who care :wink: )

EDIT: I recommend to anyone who takes their plenum off, to get BRAND NEW bolts for it. I broke two off, and one that I broke off wasnt even torqued to spec. Just a suggestion

Robby

Sounds sweet! I want rockers!

question though. I just blew one of my TB coolant hoses today. What's the scoop on the whole bypass? why should I do it? why shouldn't I? How can I?

TB coolant line was supposedly meant to help the TB warmed up on a very very cold climate but for folks that does not live in a very very cold climate the TB coolant line just add additional warm to the air intake. You want to have a cold intake and so by-passing the TB coolant line would help your air intake to be cooler.

The MAP problem ended up being a broken/pinched vacuum line. I thought it was intact, until I ran the car, and took off the vacuum line to the MAP since I was gettin a MAP code, and felt NO vacuum at idle, which is wrong. So, I ran a new line from the elbow at the fuel pressure regulator to the MAP, problem solved

Slade901 explained the TB coolant by-pass perfect

Robby

No, you wont notice any adverse side-effects in the summer. If you live in VERY VERY cold climates, during the winter you might. You might even notice a small pick up in MPG once the motor is warm

Robby

How would I go about doing this? can I get a normal piece of hose to fit? And thend just leave the TB fittings hanging there.

You will need an L-bend and its 5/8 in inner diameter. You cant use a a straight piece, it kinks up. I know a guy at my local Advance, and he gave me the L-bend for free. You can leave the old lines connected to the TB. I didnt b/c I had to take the TB off.

GrandPrix34, the car has a lot more get-up-and-go. Better low end torque, and high end HP. And, 2nd gear actually feels like it pulls some now!! The tranny is a great compliment. With the tranny adjusted, the car "feels" a lot more sportier and faster. Overall, the project was well worth it, plus I got my oil leak stopped. It had gotten to where I was using about a quart every week or two (damn O-ring)

Robby

Thanks guys! Got 'er all done today! but just read the posts now. :roll:

It was totally easy - bought a "cut-to fit" elbow joint, a couple gear clamps, and tossed it on.. it was simple. Didn't have to take off the TB or anything. :D

Robby, you oughta write a "how-to" on that one. Give all us other guys motivation to do the same. It sounds like some really worth-while mods. :wink: