grandprix104

Well my mom was thinkin about buying a regal she saw at a local dealership but before she did she went looking around some more and ran into another 2000 regal with 50K miles fully loaded with leather interior. She paid $9000(dealer wholesale) for it with a 5% interest for 10 yrs & 5yr full warranty I drove it around last night and that was all it took for me to fall in love with the 3800 series II. That thing is SO FAST! I was racing everyone in town and totally wasting them! I am doing a 3800 swap in my GP as soon as i can afford it. I did realize something when driving the regal. I NEED STRUTS in my GP BAD!

There is only one prob with the regal the airbg light is stying on constantly im wondering why? Also where the hel is the power steering fuid check???? i cant find it anywhere.

5% interest rate for 10 years? 10 years is a long time to pay off $9,450.00! Anyways, the warranty is good but overall the 3800 Series II is a bulletproof motor, and I've never heard of anyone having their tranny (4T65-E) break down unless they abuse it.

Don't feel bad about your shocks, all four of mine are shot and the tires are bald as well. At least I still have plenty of meat left on the pads and rotors.

There could be so many reasons as to why the airbag light is on. Perhaps the vehicle was involved in an accident and the airbags went off, so they replaced the vehicle without the airabags in it. Remeber that airbags are very expensive and a lot of bodyshops won't replace them unless it's in the insurance company's work order. That could only be one reason though. It's better to have it professionally checked out.

I know how you feel about the 3800 Series II's performance. It's performance is noticably stronger than my 3800 TPI, but blows my old 3.1 MPFI out of the water. It's basically like my 3800 TPI but it doesn't run out of breath as quick and there's more power at the entire RPM range with the exception of 5500RPM and up.

Well my mom was thinkin about buying a regal she saw at a local dealership but before she did she went looking around some more and ran into another 2000 regal with 50K miles fully loaded with leather interior. She paid $9000(dealer wholesale) for it with a 5% interest for 10 yrs & 5yr full warranty I drove it around last night and that was all it took for me to fall in love with the 3800 series II. That thing is SO FAST! I was racing everyone in town and totally wasting them! I am doing a 3800 swap in my GP as soon as i can afford it. I did realize something when driving the regal. I NEED STRUTS in my GP BAD!

There is only one prob with the regal the airbg light is stying on constantly im wondering why? Also where the hel is the power steering fuid check???? i cant find it anywhere.

Clear title on the car and absolutely no visual defects, so that shouldnt be it. My mom got such a long loan cause shell be keeping it for 10 years. I dont know how she figured it and if the figures above were even correct but she did say it will be a $200 a month payment. Which is pretty good i guess for a newer car (unless you lease).

I don't think you can get a car loan at 5% for 10 years.. more likely we are talking about 5% at 5 years and that would be approximately $157.50 a month.

I'd get that checked out at the dealer; that something that should'nt be messed with.

The Power Steering is actually behind and below the alternator.

Careful, don't burn yourself on that hot alt! :shock:

- RedFox340

7 times out of 10 the ABS light is a bad wheel speed sensor, either shot or a broken wire. That's where I'd start, see if there's any obvious wires broken near the wheels. If not, you'll have to get the codes read.

EDIT: Damn, I dunno what that was all about.... Well, the Airbag light could be the clock spring, that's the way they run the wires behind the steering wheel. I've replaced a lot of them. You'd better get the codes run though, could be a bad impact sensor as well.