random questions i have about my 91 gtp w/ a few pix

pwmin

1. i took the console out and put it back in and now the AQ9 controls arent working. also, there are two plugs im not sure what they plug into that actually plug into each other w/ the same wires. none of the wires in either 4 connectors are getting power and all the fuses are good. i couldnt find the schematic in alldata. any input on why this might be? i got the cig lighter/light plug plugged in correctly. i feel like such a dumbass.

2. the engine seems to move quite a bit sometimes but the mounts LOOKED okay just from a visual on the car and the dogbone is okay. is this normal for 5speeds? why did aaron's car have 2 dogbones? im sorry: stupid question edit: really stupid question. i did order a used ffp dogbone and udp, so i hth

i dont know a whole lot about the older gp's, mostly the ones like my old one.

:redface: i thought i remembered seeing it w/ two. i guess i shoulda said your car :lol: hey, can you take a pic of the intake elbow to the uim? im trying to figure out if i wanna do that or not when i do 96 intakes.

cool. im awaiting my ffp dogbone. hopefully that will help. if not guess ill have to drop the sub and change all the mounts out for new solid ones.

Is your power seat working? The AQ9's gets power off the main feed to your chair. If thats working, make sure you have the connections under the chair. I had all mine wired up and I found out all that was wrong was my controls were dead. Even though they lit up, they didnt work. Tested a known working one in mine and it worked. I went and picked up 2 from the wreckers. 1 of the 2 worked. Just saying that, 50% of the ones I've touched are dead.

the power seats work. the AQ9 controls were working before i took the console out, so those should be okay. somehow, im not getting power to the connector.

had to move the coil packs cuz i didnt like where they were plus the w/f reservoir was missing cuz of their placement. so i get them moved and put in the reservoir and now theres no power to the w/f pump :mad:

:redface: i thought i remembered seeing it w/ two. i guess i shoulda said your car :lol: hey, can you take a pic of the intake elbow to the uim? im trying to figure out if i wanna do that or not when i do 96 intakes.

I'm not sure.

Can you explain the part better to me...

I have no problem helping u out.

k, adam, ill lyk when i get figured out whats wrong.

also, this car has a 96 front valve cover and the breather is open. i was wondering if i could go right from the back. as you prob know, the 91 goes from the other side to the back to the air intake elbow. i was wondering if i could eliminate the part coming off the air intake tube.

edit: oh, yeah, got my ffd dogbone on :thumbsup:

well, got the valve cover thingy figured out and the seats werent working cuz im a dumbass, but still, some of the lights are out, so ill need to replace that sometime, so im going to need another full console. i really need to sell some stuff before i can do too much. i am def going to get the stuff to do the intake swap, +6/-6 cam timing/new belt, and fix the oil drive o-ring as soon as i can. it leaks A LOT when its running.

tony... :confused?: :mrgreen:

def dont think the motor mounts are bad, but ill probably replace them eventually when i drop the subframe to clean it up and do some other stuff later on jic. just a lot different feedback from an auto car and even my cobalt. it doesnt have a torque strut, but i did put an ingalls stiffy engine torque brace on it. the ffp dogbone def made a difference.