Need Help installing new speakers

cutty

I just picked up some new speakers for my front doors of my CS, and i need some help figuring out how to wire them up. I wanted to know how to hook them up with powering them with my amp, and how to wire them up using my headunit.

Any and all help would be great!!

Oh yeah here are the speakers i got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200084454497

Run your rca's from your HU to your rca input on your amp. 2 channel amp, left speaker output to the speaker input on your crossover. woofer output to the woofer, tweeter output to the tweeter, all on your crosover. Same thing for the right side.

Instead of running wire down both sides of the car, tie your speaker wire together and run them down the one side of the car, then split if off once you get it up front.

ok well maybe i should have posted that i already have the amp and wiring hooked up to my subs, and all the wiring for my amp is done.

I just need to know how to hook the speakers up to the amp, or could i just hook them up to the stock wires. The crossover is really confusing me.

How many channels is your amp? I don't reccomend running your speakers off of your sub amp... actually I don't even know if it would work. Hook the speakers up to your stock wires for now and save up some cash and get a decent 4-channel amp to power your speakers. Once you have them all upgraded from stock speakers.

The woofer goes to the woofer on the cross-over. The tweeter goes to the spot labeled tweeter. Then you run speaker wire to the imput on the x-over. very simple.

The woofer goes to the woofer on the cross-over. The tweeter goes to the spot labeled tweeter. Then you run speaker wire to the imput on the x-over. very simple.

Couldn't have said it any better or more simple.

And, as Monkton said, you will need another amplifier if you plan on amplifying these speakers. Otherwise, use your HU for now.

+ - for the amplifier is the speaker input. +- for the woofer and tweeter is the output.

ok so would i then put the stock wiring for the speaker and tweeter in the + - of the crossover.

So... your sub is running off of 2 channels? Then yes, you can use the other two channels for your components.

But make sure your sub is on channels 1-2 or channels 3-4.

ok, if your amp is bridged then your 4 channels are now 2, and you are running 3 subs off of it. i hope they are in series.....

anyway, what i would do if i were you is use your current amp for your new speakers. you'll probably need to keep it bridged to power them, since your new speakers are rated at 140rms. then find a new mono amp to power your subs. we can help you find one that will power them correctly.

here's a quick diagram i made in Paint to show you how to wire up your new speakers with your current amp.

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.