CS Steering wheel controls

RJansen658

Ok so when I got my CS the steering wheel control unit was gone. I recently got a known working one, plugged it in, and... nothing. I followed the harness down, and under the drivers.... um knee panel? there is a connector with a lot of very small wires that is unplgged. It is black, very thin, and has very small diameter wires, looks a lot like passkey wiring. I looked all over and can't find where it should be plugged in. Is there some sort of a module that the SWC plug into that was removed before I got the car?

Is the column original to the car? It could be someone swapped in a junkyard column and the steering wheel controls have no dash harness to plug into. Anyone know if all CS's came with the wires in the dash harness? I'd also look at the back of your stereo and see if all connectors are plugged in, I believe with the wheel controls you should have all four connectors in use.

It is a very nice feature to have. it is possibe that the column is not factory. I know with my GP the feature was actually removed and i had to reinstall te feature. I do not believe they are wired for it if they do not have

ECC, can someone confirm this

OMG

NUUUUUU

NUUUUUUUUUUU

OMFG. I threw it away. It was in the console. I didn't know what it was.... clearish white plastic? About the size or a harmonica? Damnit!

Will any one work? It is long gone, I was at work when I threw it away...

so stupid!

lol aaw that would be the module. I have a few extra if you need one. Wy would you throw something away :exclaim:. You never know what may be needed. It is a clear case about 4" by 1" and it has a chip board inside and a black plug

Also, you have to have an original radio installed. When I got my Cutty the controls wouldn't work, I put a factory radio in and the controls work.

Not necessarily, PAC has what is called a SWI-X, which works most aftermarket stereos through your factory steering wheel controls.

Actually.... SOME CS's will still have the ACC work with the SWRC without the radio installed. my 91 vert is this way. it has nothing to do with any aftermarket module. Sometime later they re-wired it so the swrc signal passed through the radio. probably by 92????

When I installed my first Sony in my car, the ECC side still worked, but the stereo controls did not.

I need to re-check my 93. I know for certain that 94m routes through the radio.

Also, you have to have an original radio installed. When I got my Cutty the controls wouldn't work, I put a factory radio in and the controls work.

Lucky me, I just got a new used 93' radio for it.

lol aaw that would be the module. I have a few extra if you need one. Wy would you throw something away :exclaim:. You never know what may be needed. It is a clear case about 4" by 1" and it has a chip board inside and a black plug

Picked up two of them today. One from another 93' CS, and one from a 90' CS International. I never new Internationals had a rear console.

I have a good excuse for throwing it away... the previous owner seemed to have some wierd thing with neon. There was neon under the car, along the back window, and on the front seats floor area. I removed all of it. And all of its wiring, which was done poorly I might add. They had also wired in a ton of stereo stuff, speakers were blown, etc. I removed all of it, put new speakers, etc. Whoever installed/removed all the junk, left me with no radio, and every interior trim panel the touched they damaged. Took, and kept the SWC assembly from the column. At first I didn't know there even were SWC, and I had fixed everything, so I thought the module was some leftover junk from thier neon or something. Then I found another 93' at the yard, saw the SWC, took them, and it lead me to this thread.