Interior Differences?

RJansen658

Ok, so for the last year I have been working on a restoration/L67 swap on a 92' Lumina Euro 2dr. I chose the Lumina because I like its body styling better than the other 2dr. coupes. Well.... what I mean is, I like it better than the regular 2dr. W's, not neccessarily better than the GS's, Internationals, TGP's, Etc.

I recently got 93' 2dr. Cutlass SL, with dark graphite leather, power seats, digital UB3, ECC, SWC. I have to say... I LOVE THIS CARS INTERIOR. It is beautiful, and so nice to drive in.

Now I am deep into the Lumina swap, and I love the way a jet black euro looks. The Lumina is already completely down to its bare shell, ready to be acid dipped. For the most part....

I find myself wondering... are the interior dimensions the same on the ALL the 1st. gen 2dr. W coupes? I mean, its the same unibody, just different exterior body panels isn't it?

And if it is, couldn't I theoretically take a 2dr. cutlass interior, the ENTIRE interior, and put it into 2dr. Lumina? It wouldn't be all that hard, not even custom really.... technically, I'd think it would all bolt right in....

I'm sure someone knows this..... but I mean, if you can bolt in a cluth pedal assembly why not an entire dash board?

it would be a direct swap.....

Really? I always figured the trim around the rear windows and door panels would be different? Maybe different mounting tabs for the dash?

It would be cool if it was a direct swap tho...

Ok, I just compared the two, and Bake82 is correct. I do believe the door panels, dash, console, carpeting, front and rear seats will swap. But the rear side panels and window trim will not interchange, the Cutlass rear pillars are very narrow, and so is its interior trim, the Lumina has wide pillars, I doubt the Cutlass trim would even attach to it.

Which brings up the question, did 2dr. Luminas ever come with dark graphite interiors? I've never seen one, but if they are out there, maybe I can find some rear panels that would match a CS dark graphite interior, and have them upholstered to match.

update:

Nope it won't work. The doors do appear to be the same, but because you cannot switch the rear side panels, you cannot switch the rest of the door mouldings or the front pillar moldings. So although the dash may still bolt in, I would have to use the Lumina pillar moldings.

Like everyone above said, everything is the same except for the window graphics (what we call "day light opening, or DLO at design school)

I'm sure the original chevy trim panels could be modified or re-trimed to be integrated with the "Olds look".

Sounds like a fun, creative project. :biggrin:

I would say paint the Lumina panels to match, especially since the ones you'll need to keep are in "low wear" areas.

Are you sure the door panels will interchange?

I would say paint the Lumina panels to match, especially since the ones you'll need to keep are in "low wear" areas.

Are you sure the door panels will interchange?

I agree with Brian that you should paint the lumina panels that you have to keep to match the cutlass ones. It sucks that you can't do a direct swap. Good luck if you decide you really are going to swap as much as possible. I'm sure there might be people on the forum interested in what you find from a compatibility standpoint. :thumb:

Lumina's never came with a dark grey/charcoal interior stock. You can dye the interior panels though, to your liking. I had recovered the felt on the upper door panels and rear panels in black vinyl in my old Z34.

Well, I did a bit of research, and the door shell part #'s from GM are 1 part number digit different between the Lumina and the CS. The outward dimensions are identical.

I haven't altogether discounted the idea of the swap, but I have found some things that seem unavoidable. For instance... The CS front pillar trim extends along the top of the window opening back to about 3" infront of the door pillar and has "u" shaped lip. The Lumina trim extends to about 5" in front of the door pillar and has a more "v" shaped lip. So basically, there is no way to make the rear Lumina panel look good with the front CS trim. Not without also keeping the Lumina front trim, which may not work with the CS dash....

I find myself torn between a CS Coupe and a Lumina Coupe. If only luminas came with black or graphite interior... but the Luminas dash is so lame... maybe I should do a poll on which one I should restore...

... maybe I should do a poll on which one I should restore...

save your time, the answer will be the cutty :D

x2

I think the dash itself could be swapped no probelm. everything else (except seats) won't directly swap.

then you have to make the door panels match the dash. how about kitbashinf part of each door panel?

fuck why not make two different L67 W coupes? :D

Yea, but without the door panels and all the rest, it isn't really worth it, and would look horrible.

fuck why not make two different L67 W coupes? :D

$$

People are gonna laugh when they see a CS interior in a Lumina anyway. I know people laughed at a Lumina with a GP interior in it. Regardless, if you like the Cutty then go with that.