1991 lumina z34 alternator

mediabandit

hey guys,my battery keeps dying in my 1991 lumina z34,so i am thinking it is the alternator because i replaced the battery with a brand new one and it still drains and stalls from time to time.i need to know where the alternator is on the 3.4l dohc v-6 and if it is a great task to remove/replace it or am i going to have to take it into a shop and pay a fortune to have it done?i did see a post by slick "my 45 minute 3.4 dohc alternator repair" and i am wondering if that is the procedure i would have to go through to succeed in removing mine?please help...thanks in advance.

ok man,thanks a bunch,gonna go down and see if i can get her out then.

also i was wondering if there is a way to test it without taking it out,just in case it is not the alternator at all and some other weird problem.

If the alternator is working properly you should have around 14.4volts of voltage on your multimeter, at full oad (rear defogger, full fan, all the lights on, etc)..

If it's sitting around 12volts or less then it's not functioning properly, or at all.