radio help

NightTurkey

I got a radio cover from a 91 GP, i have an 89, i pulled everything apart and foudn teh power wires, but i have 2 green, 2 brown a black and a grey and no antenna. i tried every combo i can think of to get a single speaker working but cant seem to get any sound, whats the deal? I know they sell speacial adapters but i dotn need to spend 20 bucks when i can do it myself for free, but i guess i cant. anyone encounter this problem? please help

if you have an 89, you most likeley have that mysterious box behind the glove box. i dont think 91s had that although i could be wrong. pull the glove box out and pull the plug that goes into the mystery box out of that and it should match up to the other radio. if not, that means the 91 radio also had the mysterious box and youll need the harness that ran from the box to the 91 radio

Thanks a bunch, i pulled the glove box and found the mystery box, looks like the main unit of the radio and the small square "radio" on the dash is just a head unit, how dumb is that, found the speaker wires and spliced into them, im running an aftermarket radio so that is all i need to splice into.

Yes, that radio unit behind the glovebox in the 89 is part of the 90+ radio. Your 91 wiring harness is plugged into that thing on your 89.