Electrical Drain

Slade901

I was wondering if anybody have information as to what this fuse connects to and to what devices.

I have a 1990 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme SL.

This 60amp fuse is yellow in color and located on passenger side of the engine bay. I have disconnected all the fuses in my glove compartment. Removed the fuse and relay on the fuel pump. Removed the fuses and relays in the Electrical Center except the mentioned 60amp fuse. Alternator switch connector is already disconnected.

If that 60amp fuse is the only one left then the drain starts from somewhere in 30.0+ milliamp and then gradually goes to 80.0+ milliamp.

If that 60amp fuse is removed then current drain goes to 0.8 milliamp and if I connect the 60amp fuse again then the drain starts from somewhere in 30.0+ milliamp and then gradually goes to 80.0+ milliamp.

BTW, I've reconnected all the fuses and relays and started the car and my car starts fine. I then remove that 60amp fuse in the Electrical Center and so far nothing changes and my car is still running fine without that 60amp fuse. My dash lights, turn signal, head lights, horn works fine without that 60amp fuse. I assume that 60amp fuse is connected to some devices/instrument not critical to the operation of the car when running but still I am not sure to what devices/instrument it connects to.

Here's the picture of that electrical center I'm talking about.

If anyone can take a snapshot of the Electrical Center cover, I would appreciate it as well since my Electrical Center cover information can't be read and it's faded. Thanks..

http://members.fortunecity.com/slade901/automobile/ElectricalCenter.GIF

ElectricalCenter.GIF