Problem with pass. power window

Scottster

I guess the first problem I'll address with the GP is the screwed up passanger side window. It seems like the mounting bracket inside the door gave up, as there is alot of play when you pull up and down on the glass...along with clunky metal sounds.

The window also only goes about 97% of the way up, or just enough so that it is closed, but not air-tight. With some manual coaxing it will go all the way up, on its own it seems to get miss-aligned and jammed in the track.

Obviously something is broken down in there, but has anyone had this problem with their W body coupe before?

I guess the next step is to take the door panel off to take a look, I just wonder if messed up windows are a common W-body coupe problem?

Thanks for any help!

Scott

Well, Here's the up date...

I managed to get the door panel off. Other than the screws hidden behind the seat belt slots and the courtesy light, it was pretty easy. You need a torx bit not only for the switch panel (size T-15) but a larger T-30 for the large 'main' bolts under the grab handle, and behind the door handle's trim.

Anyway, the problem with the window was that it had come out of the track at the fron of the door. There were two mounting brackets for the guide/track/rail, the upper had a loose bolt, and thus 'bowed out' when the window went down.

I managed to pop the windows lip back into the track w/ the window 1/3 of the way down. I then tightened the bracket's bolt as snug as I could.

So, we're back in business!