Hi There! First post!

Scottster

Just like to introduce myself and my Grand Prix!

I actually bought the car under "less than desirable circumstances", as I was in an accident with my beloved Ford SVT Contour.

Living in Windsor, ON and going to school in Detroit, MI I needed a car fast just to get to school. I was in sort of a pinch...when studying Industrial Design you barely have time to sleep, let alone go "new car shopping"!

My dad helped me out and drove around the county looking for a cheap american car for me to drive. Coming across a tired looking 1990 Grand Prix SE coupe with only 115000 KM, I dished out $1500 and was on my way.

The car needed alot of work to get it road worthy. All four struts were shot, new brakes all around, including a seized rear caliper. Had trouble with the emissions test to, but a new Oxygen sensor cleared that up.

Powertrain wise the car is rock solid though. As far as I know the 3.1 is a hell of a motor, and with just over 100,000 Km, this one is still young!

Looks wise the car needs alot of "surface work" but is in amazingly great shape. It has been meticulously oil sprayed, so the underbody and sheetmetal are like new, as is the interior which has no signs of wear. The exterior is white w/red trim. White wheels (which are so eighties but I love em'!), and a grey interior.

Come summer, when school releases it's choke-hold on me, I can't wait to just nuts detailing, detailing, detailing! I won't stop till you can eat of the top of the engine, and see your reflection in the wheel wells!

Like I said, it is just by chance that I bought this Grand Prix, but I am amazed at what a great, unique and solid car it is to have. Being an SE, it has all the toys, and this particular car was preserved pretty well. I'm glad I "rescued it", instead of some yahoo picking it up and driving into the ground!

Anyway, I'll not be to long winded!

This seems like a great community! I used to be part of the Contour Enthusiast Group at Contour.org, which was an awesome resource for those cars. I think I found the same here for the Pontiac!

Cheers!

Scott

P.S. What are the pic. posting guide lines, and how do you do it?

welcome aboard man! To post pics. Take the URL from any pic hosting site *for example* photobucket. And put image tags around the URL. sooo...like this:::: www.yourwebsitehere.com

:thumbsup:

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

If I can manage to clean it up a bit, I'll get some pics this weekend.

The closest thing I have right now is this promo shot that I scanned in out of some car history book I have. This car is identical except is an 88, so the wheels are an inch smaller, and it seems to have an unusually high stance. I guess the springs wern't broken in yet!

I actually have a few old ads that I found when rumaging through old Car and Driver magazines in the library at school. And article on a pre-production roadtest of the turbo GP from 1989 too...I can put those up to if you guys want.

dsash0003.jpg

Wow, thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

If I can manage to clean it up a bit, I'll get some pics this weekend.

The closest thing I have right now is this promo shot that I scanned in out of some car history book I have. This car is identical except is an 88, so the wheels are an inch smaller, and it seems to have an unusually high stance. I guess the springs wern't broken in yet!

I actually have a few old ads that I found when rumaging through old Car and Driver magazines in the library at school. And article on a pre-production roadtest of the turbo GP from 1989 too...I can put those up to if you guys want.

dsash0003.jpg

Welcome to the club. And ues please do, that might be kinda cool.