Some updates about my car + a question.

Q-Ball

Well, I posted in the brakes area about my car going to the mechanics tomorrow. And its done by an actual shop. No more backyard mechanics for me. But also my car is getting fixed right now for my power door locks, keyless entry, starter and trunk release. When I first got my key fob installed, all I could get was my alarm cause my locks were working properly and the starter was dying. So now I have a new starter installed I can get my auto starter installed. As for my locks, they said my door motor lock needs to be replaced. I tried it on the passengers side and it works fine. I went to the junk yards and even pulled door wiring out and still no go. So I gave up and let them do the work. They called a few min ago saying everything is ready to go and they are just going to wire up the trunk release and call me back so I can pick the car up. After the brakes are fixed tomorrow, I'm gonna tackle the drivers side bearing plates, tie rods, and ball joints. I just need to rent a spring compressor. And after thats done the car will finally go in for its alignment. After all this, a lot of the car will be fixed. I might get the shop to replace my parking brake. I do want to get the 94+ parking brake too. If I get it fixed now, would this make it any harder to swap to the 94+ parking brake?

Thanks, after all this hopefully I can make my car my daily driver again.

Sounds like the car is getting everything it needs!

Good luck with the spring compressors and the bearing plates. I tried to use the spring compressors, and they just kept slipping off the spring. It was a real bitch.

Do you already have the '94+ brakes? If so it wont be very hard at all tp upgrade. I think the hardest part is swapping out the e-brake pedals ( the assembly )

Are there different spring compressors? I went to Princess Auto today and ask for that and this dumb girl took me to the air compressors. :willynilly: I found out later they didnt carry them. So I'm just gonna rent it from Canadian Tire. I hope its not gonna be slipping off, cause I get pissed off quite easily with my car.

No, I wish I had the 94+ brakes already. I still need to goto a yard and pull all that crap off.

But the good news is my locks are working great! As well the alarm, keyless entry and trunk release! Now I'm one step closer to installing my interior door panels. I just need to figure out how to modify my 92 wires to work with the 94-96 switches.

I have changed bearsing , ball joints and axles without spring compressors. You reinstall and use a jack to push a little pressure back up. The xles will pull the bearing assembly back in by tightening the bolt

Ok, got the car back from the shop. Brakes are golden again. They said they cleaned the lines and replaced the front line that goes to the master cylinder. The car stops great again. Just cant wait to see how much better 94+ brakes are.

if you are going to fix a parking brake, just get hte 94+ cables. since all the 88-93 stuff has to come out for that swap.

Will do. I'll have to hit the wreckers tomorrow maybe! Got a few things to get.

i dont even want to mention how angry i was when i had to do my front strut bearing on my 94 cutty. even with 3 buddies and 4 spring compressors it took like 4 days before i had a working car. i was really angry. that was by far the worst job i have ever had to do to my car

i dont even want to mention how angry i was when i had to do my front strut bearing on my 94 cutty. even with 3 buddies and 4 spring compressors it took like 4 days before i had a working car. i was really angry. that was by far the worst job i have ever had to do to my car

Connect the axle into it as far as possible. Tighten and the axle will pull the assembly back in place. Spring compressors are a waste of time on mac pearsons unless the assembly is out and you are changing the shock.

The only reason you'd need a spring compressor on the front end of a w-body, is if you're changing the spring, thats it.