Oil pump drive o-ring

TLOC

I tore apart the TGP to do this fix, no problems but the drive pump will not come out. Large channel locks, vise grips, pulling hard upward, it just spins, I can turn it by hand, is this normal? Any help? Also, can I remove the TPS and the other sensor(think it's IAC) to clean the TB with carb cleaner without any problems? Thanks...T

This would do a lot better in the Powertrain section. It's not TGP-specific.

I don't see anything wrong with spraying the stuff while the sensors are on. I doubt it's going to hurt them. If you can turn it by hand, then it should be loose enough to pull the rest of the way out. Put a chisel under the edge and pry it up.

Just cause it turns by hand dont mean nothing. That just means the plug is spinning while the 0-ring is still attached to the housing. Those things are such a bitch to replace. I have replaced 3 of them on my cars in the last year, and what worked for one, didnt work for any of the others. Keep playing with it, and she will eventually come out..

i had a bent flat head, used it to pry the drive out, worked tits.

i also use a bead of rtv at the top when placing it back in, never worry about it again

RTV FTW. same thing I have done on my 3.1's