Heat problem

dougruss3

I didn't know where else to post this. I have a 93 cutlass supreme and am having a heat problem with it. The problem is I am not getting any heat at all. I have replaced the stat twice, replaced the core even though there was a new one in there when i got the car, replaced the water pump thinking that maybe the impeller was intermittently spinning on the shaft, checked all the doors in the box, they seem to be working fine. I have had this for about a month now and am at my wits end. Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated, thanks :cussing:.

I thought that may be also but if I move the slider for the heat blend door I can hear it open and close. Also if I remove the motor and work the door manually there still is no change.

I would try replacing the controller in the dash. Its the easiest thing to do, and you can get them pretty reasonable from the yards. Is your heater core getting hot? It could be a blockage in the lines going to and from the heater core..

By any chance did someone mix Dexcool with regular coolant? That happened in my 94 (needed green, previous owner mixed in dexcool) and they had to pull the heads, intake, etc off to fix it.

Thanks for all the replies but we found the problem. It turns out that the quick connect fitting that screws into the intake that goes to the lower heater core hose was plugged solid. It won't make the car overheat but prevents the hot coolant from going to the core. Go figure, simple but stupid problem was giving me a months worth of headaches, LOL.

Thanks for all the replies but we found the problem. It turns out that the quick connect fitting that screws into the intake that goes to the lower heater core hose was plugged solid. It won't make the car overheat but prevents the hot coolant from going to the core. Go figure, simple but stupid problem was giving me a months worth of headaches, LOL.

I forgot about that one. sorry I should have pointed that out!