Power Antenna Question....diff than PJB's

Bake82

On my cutlass, the power antenna will only go half way up. like the middle bar will not go up for all I have tried. I do hear the motor running, and I'm sure it CAN'T be good with the motor running and it NOT going up. I've tried WD-40 on it to try and losen it up to move, but no such luck. Any ideas of what I can do to try and get it to go all the way up, because 1. I don't want to burn the motor. 2. I am finding I have poorer reception in the country with the shorter antenna and I HATE THAT since I tend to visit the country quite often. Anyways any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance

There is a cheap replacement kit (just The mast) You can find it on ebay. The plastic gears must be broken. I had the same problem. I think I paid $10 for it and it easy to do. Mine was black and I replaced it with silver. Some people say the colors are different sizes but it worked for me. To play safe buy the same color you already have (black or silver).