94 lq1

theoneliln

what should i do?  

1. 1. what should i do?

FFP underdrive pulley, make a cold air intake, FFP upper dogbone mount, run 2.5" exhaust from the downpipe back(be sure to use mufflers and resonators or else it will be really horribly raspy), and thats really all your gonna find for bolt on's. You can swap to the 96-97 upper intakes, mess with cam timing during a timing belt job, and port and polish, but thats all stuff you gotta tear into.

I guess it's gonna depend on: 1) Your wallet size, and 2) How much mechanical know-how you have.

If you want more power swap it out and put better engine/tranny in. A lot of people like to do the L36 or L67 Swap. (3800 series II 3.8L V6 or 3800 Series II 3.8L Supercharged) But you can always turbo the L36 and get some more power.

If you want more power swap it out and put better engine/tranny in. A lot of people like to do the L36 or L67 Swap. (3800 series II 3.8L V6 or 3800 Series II 3.8L Supercharged) But you can always turbo the L36 and get some more power.

Putting the L36 in would be a MASSIVE waste of time, and swapping in the L67 isn't the answer to everything. Keep the LQ1.

easiest and cheapest? find a used FFP top mount, replace all mounts if possible, get an FFP UD pulley (still have yet to put mine on), K&N, CAI, take stereo hardware out of the trunk, take rear seats out, take the rest of the interior out, etc.

Putting the L36 in would be a MASSIVE waste of time, and swapping in the L67 isn't the answer to everything. Keep the LQ1.

x2 ....the LQ1 will normally be quicker/faster then the l36....I say boost the LQ1 :thumb:

Dont get me wrong, the LQ1 is nice, but after seeing the head gasket problems that GTP_Munky had... Turned me away from that engine. I was originally going to swap my 3.1 to the 3.4. Not anymore.

well, if its any consolation (which I doubt), that's the first LQ1 head gasket I've ever heard go bad on this engine. My plan is a turbo eventually, but that's after all the bolt ons, suspension, and new top

Dont get me wrong, the LQ1 is nice, but after seeing the head gasket problems that GTP_Munky had... Turned me away from that engine. I was originally going to swap my 3.1 to the 3.4. Not anymore.

And the L36's don't have serious intake manifold problems? At my buddy's shop there are three L36 blocks on the garage floor all with spun bearings due to coolant leaking into the oil. The L67's are a lot better in this regard, but still not perfect.

And the L36's don't have serious intake manifold problems? At my buddy's shop there are three L36 blocks on the garage floor all with spun bearings due to coolant leaking into the oil.

no the L36's just have the plastic intake leak from the coolant an inhale it in to the cylinders and hydro lock.

The mechanic i bought the cutty from had 3 buicks w/ the L36 come in w/ that problem within 2 weeks of eachother.

And the L36's don't have serious intake manifold problems? At my buddy's shop there are three L36 blocks on the garage floor all with spun bearings due to coolant leaking into the oil.

no the L36's just have the plastic intake leak from the coolant an inhale it in to the cylinders and hydro lock.

The mechanic i bought the cutty from had 3 buicks w/ the L36 come in w/ that problem within 2 weeks of eachother.

Yeah!! Adam can use the quote button!!! LOL

I've owned over 3 3.4's all where great running cars.

Yeah!! Adam can use the quote button!!! LOL

I've owned over 3 3.4's all where great running cars.

YEP!!!!!!!!!!!