Time to get rid of the w-body....

Frankzen

It could be time to dump the '89 Regal GS.

It needs: new struts all around including the tables in the front, new right front axle, lower ball joints., new bushing for mono leaf spring in rear, new brake hoses in front, new left inner tie-rod...and maybe a new rack. It also needs left drivers door handle...brake light swicth, new water pump and God knows what else.

Total bill: Over 1900 dollahs. I can buy another care for that!

So it may be bye bye W-body...

That sucks, my car is having simular suspension problems but its in good shape and has low milage so I'm just getting it fixed. Last week when it was out of service with spring problems I thought about buying a 100% mint Green '96 GTP coupe with all avaible options and a black leather interior w/78,000 for $4995. I even went and looked at it today its the nicest Grand Prix I have ever seen.

Even without selling my Cutty I have the money to buy it flat out but I'm not gonna do it.

• 3 weeks later...
That sucks, my car is having simular suspension problems but its in good shape and has low milage so I'm just getting it fixed..

Well Gimp19 you inspired me so I spent $900 for to have 4 new struts, 2 lower balljoints and mono-leaf spring pads installed. WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The garage recommended AC Delco struts even though aftermarkets are a little cheaper. The GS now rides like new - firm but smooth.

I've spent so much on this car now I can't afford to let it go :) :)

I'm glad you decided to keep it, I'm kinda in the same situation as you at times I feel like selling it but I'd never get my moneys worth anyways. Right after it was sold I'd hate myself, plus I'm very attached to it.