hi and low beams on at the same time?

stockgp

is it normal on miniquad cars to have this when the hi beams are turned on? i don't see why it would be.

i can't find a jumper wire or anything where a previous owner could have done it. it irritates me, and i really odn't want to have to go through all the headlight wiring to figure it out.

usually you have to use a relay to ge tthat to work like that. I'd love for mine to do that with al the country roads i drive on. But no thats not nornal. Look for a relay thats not supposed to be there (near the headlights or near the electrical center).

My mini-quads have always been like that. Everytime Ive turned on the high beams, the lows have always stayed on. I thought this was normal for the mini-quads

My mini-quads have always been like that. Everytime Ive turned on the high beams, the lows have always stayed on. I thought this was normal for the mini-quads

It is.

it is normal for the miniquad headlights to all light at the same time on heaigh beam. there is a relay added on the miniquad eqquipped cars. And I've been meaning to locate it.

i checked the wiring diagrams. the lows have power any time the headlights are on. weird.

jay, i figured there was on of those kits on it like you are talking about to keep all four on. jc shitney sells them. that's what i meant by "a jumper wire or anything."

sweet, i'll have to remember that, or i'll just pm you when i put the fogs on, probably friday.

Oh and guys i am nuts i went out into the garage and hit the highs and sure as shit the lows were still on, I guess it makes sense due to the fact that they are seperate housings

is it normal on miniquad cars to have this when the hi beams are turned on? i don't see why it would be.

i can't find a jumper wire or anything where a previous owner could have done it. it irritates me, and i really odn't want to have to go through all the headlight wiring to figure it out.

BTW y would u want to defeat this?? imo i want as much light ahead of me as possible j/c

All 4 on has been the way since 4 headlights have been around. So much so that my low beams on my Regal actually change filaments when the brights are on, thus kicking out even more light (which is why it's important to buy the correct bulb). I do not know if the mini quads change filamnets, but they always run all 4. It has ALWAYS been this way. The entire purpose of the bright lights is to brightly illuminate the roadway...so much so that you must reduce them for incoming traffic.

One of lame signatures:

buick2.jpg

Whether hi and low needs to be on at the same time depends on the design of the lights. They're trying to achieve a specific beam pattern and sometimes it's easier to get it with the lows on, sometimes not.

Yes, miniquads are all 4 on.

It's not a good idea to wire fogs to come on with high beams. Fogs won't help in any conditions you need high beams, and high beams are detrimental in any condition you need fogs.

Fogs won't help in any conditions you need high beams, and high beams are detrimental in any condition you need fogs.

Ageed and much in the same fashion that brought this thread to life it is just a matter of preference for me. have as a much light as possible. as far as the fogs go for me it is a look... like at dusk i run the initals and fogs...lights are not needed but its a look im certainly not gonna run my highs when its foggy i just want all of them on when i chose to

the low beams have only one filament. it is alwyas on.

in fact i subbed a high beam bulb for a low beam bulb when it burned out on the side of the road. Then I aimed it lower than the high beams and WOW visibility without blinding people. Yeah i walked out in front of it and checked.

sounds like put highbeams in the lowbeam positions and lower them a little or did i read you wrong? that may help my poor nightime vision

exactly what I did. discovered one had burned out in the middle of nowhere... and had spare highbeams in my back seat. no probelms thus far, so i have left it as is.