Century question here

3WH12-96

It seems to me that the Century in this forum is the bastard stepchild of our lovely W's or is it like a V (half a W??)...seems no one owns one (but grandma's) ha just wondered if ne1 else noticed this or point out where im wrong....just curious what you think?? and yes "who cares!" but just wondering :cool:

Well, when GM killed the ABody platform after 96, I think Buick wanted to keep the Century name around.. It is just an understated Regal IMO, and I personally don't care for it's looks.. But everything that makes it a WBody is there, so it's not a half a W, lol..

..Yea, who does care though?

Largest motor any A-body car (buick Century, Pontiac 6000, Chevy Celebrity, Olds Cutlass Ciera) was a 3.8. I think it was the L27 thou, from 83?2? up to 88?. Then they only got 60* v-6's and some I-4 motors.

Century got the 3.8, 3.3, 3100, 3.1, 3.0, 2.8, 2.5, 2.2.

Ciera got the same as the century I think.

Celebrity got the 3.1, 2.8, 2.5.

6000 got the 3.1, 2.8, 2.5.

The 97-04 Century's are uglified, stripped Regals.

They could only have the 3100. They were all column shift. Nearly all of them had hubcaps. Concert Sound II was a rare option, so was the dual-zone climate control. Monsoon was not available. No heated seats. They always had a base gauge cluster (fuel, speedo, temp) no matter how "loaded" they were. No sunroof was available. The grille is ugly. The rear facia is ugly. The whole damn car is ugly.

Largest motor any A-body car (buick Century, Pontiac 6000, Chevy Celebrity, Olds Cutlass Ciera) was a 3.8. I think it was the L27 thou, from 83?2? up to 88?. Then they only got 60* v-6's and some I-4 motors.

Century got the 3.8, 3.3, 3100, 3.1, 3.0, 2.8, 2.5, 2.2.

Ciera got the same as the century I think.

Celebrity got the 3.1, 2.8, 2.5.

6000 got the 3.1, 2.8, 2.5.

We're talking about the post-ABody era for the Century.. WHen it became a W in 97..

..Im with Shaun though.. Id rather have a Base regal than a "loaded" century..

i didnt even realize that it was a W for those years, although I always thought it looked close to a regal, but figured it was just the tail end of the A body

The 97-04 Century's are uglified, stripped Regals. The whole damn car is ugly.

X2

i didnt even realize that it was a W for those years, although I always thought it looked close to a regal, but figured it was just the tail end of the A body

backs up the reason i asked :biggrin:

My friend's mom used to have a tan 97 or 98 Century. There's about 1940750834958934 of them around our town, so everytime I saw one I'd think it was them and it wasn't.

That car had Concert Sound IIRC.

sorry but i would never take a century over a cutty :rolleyes:

Well, in the ABody realm, I'll take an 86 Century GS.. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Now, if I were forced to choose between the Century or Regal, Ill take the Regal, no matter how base it is vs how loaded the Century is..

HA. we dont even list it on our main page as a W.

W-Body Cars

I've never cared for them either.

I dont see any mention of "HA. we dont even show a picture on our main page.. I see you saying we don't even list it, lmao :lol:

I am in the same boat. I learned that there is a w-body version, of a A-body name plate, or something to that effect..