possible to replace stock digital cluster with optional one?

tornado_735

I'm looking to buy a 1990 Cutlass Supreme. It's cheap, and looks ok, but there is one problem. IT'S GOT THE STOCK CLUSTER!!!! Just Gas, Speed and Water Temp. Nothing more.

I had a '91 Cutlass Supreme (never should have sold it) a few years back. Yes I admit, I got spoiled with the optional cluster. Is it at all possible to swap a stock one for an optional one?

This literally could be the deciding factor on whether I buy this car or not.

~Aaron

Yes its possible. You will need to repin the connector, change out the oil pressure switch for a sender, so that the oil pressure guage will funtion. As well, you will need to run an extra wire to make the tach function. There are a few write ups about this on the site, so you would need to search around a little bit for them. Try searching for UB3 swap, or something along those lines.

you can also buy an adapter from stockgp and save yourself the majority of the wiring hassle :thumb:

not to talk ill of his product, but I'd much rather re-pin the connector then install an adapter, at least on the lumina dashes it is near imposable to make it all fit back in correctly with that adapter in place.

you can also buy an adapter from stockgp and save yourself the majority of the wiring hassle :thumb:

Stockgp saved me a ton of aggrivation with the one i got from him :mrgreen: