1994 cutlass and blazertechs

5speedz34

I talked with Terry about hooking them up and I didn't understand what he said due to the flames shooting out of my ass from the Atomic wings! I need to know how to hook them up to the stock switch and wiring. Wiring on a car (if it more than hooking up a sub and amp) is beyond me. I really don't like to wire anything so if ya'll could post tips here i'd appreciate it, i'll be doing this tomorrow evening. Thanks Jay

they are real easy to install, i have them on my cutlass. There should only be two wires for the blazertech's, and two wires from the stock fog lights. Just cut the connector off the stock fog light connector and solder it to the blazertech's wires.

what you want to do:

hook up the fog lights to their respective grounds and positives, now on the relay for the aftermarket fogs take the wire that would normally goto a toggle switch for them and take it to the positive wire for the factory fog lights and the aftermarkets work just like the stockers.

they are easy to install...all i did was cut the plug off the stock harness and solder the blazertech wires to the stock plug...i never used a relay and didnt have any issues...

...now, what i was trying to explain is how to mount them...you need to take the adjuster out of your stock bracket and bend the tab down that the adjuster goes through, then you bolt the blazertech bracket to your stock bracket and bolt the whole thing back up...i wish i had some pics so you could see what i'm talking about...there USED to be a post about it, but the search function sucks ass!...sorry

thanks guys, terry if possible can i call you when i do this? The wiring is fine now that i knew i don't need to rewire the damn car, just the mounting thing isn't clear. It may not be clear to me due to not seeing under the car yet, we'll see

I mounted mine (not blazertechs, but pilots) using the hardware that came with them to the stock mounting brackets, so essentially i used both brackets :lol: I just wired right into the stock wires, used some wire nuts and either duct tape or electrical tape to tape it up, and theyve been like that for 2 and a half years with no problems. I did keep blowing a fuse at first because one was wired backwards. Now if I can just remember to straighten the one :lol:

I've always used the factory mounts and either modified them for after market fogs or bolted right to them. IMO i would not use the stock harnas to drive them as I'd worry about the small gauge wire getting cooked with the higher draw that the H3s would put on it. I've done a few installs with the after market harnas and the stock switches, and it has never been a large deal to me, and never had an issue with them afterwards.

hmmm well if i get my z back in time next weekend i suppose i could be talked in to heading to the place of "Great Lakes, Great times"

I've always used the factory mounts and either modified them for after market fogs or bolted right to them. IMO i would not use the stock harnas to drive them as I'd worry about the small gauge wire getting cooked with the higher draw that the H3s would put on it. I've done a few installs with the after market harnas and the stock switches, and it has never been a large deal to me, and never had an issue with them afterwards.

FWIW: they are H2 bulbs...but, yeah...i prolly woulda put a relay on them if i woulda done it over again...BUT, i ran them for 2 years using the stock wiring and had 0 issues except the bulbs burning out...