My New Dash Pad

ns87

how does the two tone pad look? My car is light grey interior, but I have a graphite headliner and I figured the speaker grills/glove box tied them together.

100_1067.jpg

100_1073.jpg

100_1074.jpg

PS, I can't get the defroster bolts in. Any tips?

Either way, its better than this :lol: :lol:

oldsmobile020-1.jpg

put the graphite door back on and at would look good.

I always need like 3 feet of extensions to put those bolts in. if you are dropping it, I always hold the bolt to the socket with my pinky... if you have to, use black electrical tape to hold the bolt to the socket, if it stays with the bolt, you won't see it..

I just left my defroster bolts out :lol: probably should fix that one of these days if i get the motivation

Didn't you notice the dashpad is tilted and covering the top of your gauge cluster? :lol: Thats my motivation.

Ken: I have extentions that reach, but I can't seem to push the pad down enough and then screw the bolts in

Didn't you notice the dashpad is tilted and covering the top of your gauge cluster? :lol: Thats my motivation.

Ken: I have extentions that reach, but I can't seem to push the pad down enough and then screw the bolts in

oh... YOU LUGNUT!!!! you don't have a problem getting the screws in, you have a problem getting the dash in straight!

The dash has guide pins, the dash must be pushed down and then pushed back the last 1/2-3/4 of an inch.

But I see you have an aftermarket radio. you probably have an interference issue between the radio, or it's wiring, and the dash. try removing the radio and reinstalling it after the dash is properly installed.

• 9 months later...

bumpity bump. I put the graphite glove box back and put in a new headunit (also graphite!)

100_1288.jpg

100_1291.jpg

The flash at night really makes it look worse, but it looks pretty awesome in the daylight

You went from a shitty Sony to a half-decent Sony. Brilliant! :lol:

Looks nice, man. :thumbsup:

haha. I would have stuck with my shitty Sony, but:

it kept giving me ERROR on cd's

it kept over heating and then giving me ERROR until it cooled down

the radio tuner DID NOT WORK (so every station was 87.9 no matter what I tuned to)

So on several long trips, I had bouts of silence with all of the above.

It was an xmas present, and I didn't want to break my parents wallets. I like how both of them show the song name on regular audio cds if you burn them right!

I really wish cd players fit better in that stupid hole. I am amazed that the opening is too tall and the depth is too short to fit a normal cd player :lol:

I flush mounted the deck in my Lumina...it really isn't supposed to fit..but with enough force I managed to get it to fit flush and look the look. Cutty's must have even less room!

It comes so close, but the upper left corner sticks out toward the driver an extra inch and a half for some reason. If I chopped that off, it would be all good. no cutting for me though

that looks pretty nice with the two-tone. I like the lighter glove box door too :thumb:

^^^^

that's funny....this first thing I thought today when looking at the pics, was "he should have used the darker glove box door: :lol:

I know it looks grandmaish, but I love how ribbed it is. It is SOOO easy to hold on to :lol:

Oh yeah for what its worth:

in the beginning I talked about how I couldn't bolt the dash down. Thanks to Ken's instructions, I got that squared away a couple weeks after installing the dash!

oh... YOU LUGNUT!!!! you don't have a problem getting the screws in, you have a problem getting the dash in straight!

The dash has guide pins, the dash must be pushed down and then pushed back the last 1/2-3/4 of an inch.

But I see you have an aftermarket radio. you probably have an interference issue between the radio, or it's wiring, and the dash. try removing the radio and reinstalling it after the dash is properly installed.

ken is exactly right. When i added hud last year i ran into that problem also and the way i knew is i could not see the black on the bottom of the window because the dash sits on top of the guide pins. lolol