Side window is "loose"

1990lumina

K, I know this has been discussed before, but I can't find a post...I only vaguely remember..

My passenger side window seems like it really loose on the track...I know there are plastic guide clips that guide the window up and down right?? Do you guys think this is what could be causing my problem? Like when I put the window down, it makes a "clunk" as the front of the window hits something inside the door and then goes down....I've also noticed that since this has started happening the window doesn't go down as fast....I assume because it's dragging on the track??

I know it's bad to use the windows in winter....but that's reality here and I'll use them all I want lol...9 months out of the year they go down while frozen, iced up, etc..lol...just wondering if those plastic clips are why the window seems so loose inside the door.

thanks

try spraying wd-40 up and down the tracks?

sometimes the guide clips on hte glass simply wear out, or most often the tracks for the window, which are C channels flex and loose their shape over time. You would have to remove the door panel and reach inside the door to physically pinch them tighter.... though your desciption reminds me that once of my cars had a perpetually loose track becasue the front tracks lower retainer bolt kept loosening up. the metal it tightened to was fatigued, I fixed it with a fender washer after the third time.