Traction Control?

jmoore4294

I've noticed for the 3 years that i have had my 95 Cutlass Supreme, the Low Trac light that comes on when you start up the car. And the other day, i took a turn too fast and tried to step on the gas, and the only thing that happened was that the engine raced. I'm sure i've already answered my own question, but did the 95's have an early form of traction control, and how does it work?

i dont think they did, but i could be wrong. I know in certain odd circumstances when cornering hard and you hit the gas or something youll be between shifts or something like that. I dont know if i make any sense but that has happened to me before, i think its just one of those fluke things that happen every once in a while

When goping around corners hard, drop the gear shift down to 2nd gear lock out...should eliiminate your lack of available gears whe nyou hit the gas...

The Cutty driver's ed car I drove hada LoTrac light that came on when the ABS kicked in

95+ CSs (not to mention the GPs and regals identical guage cluster) illuminate the low trac light if the abs activates.

what you describe of engine racing while turning and accelerating is probably related to tranny fluid sloshing. a suggested fix is putting a little more fluid in to bring it slightly above the full line.