Front end issue revisited

ihateallmustangs

Ok so I changed out my dogbones and that fixed the click problem. Now after miles and miles of these crappy roads everyday I have a popping sound in my front drivers side tire. You can here it constantly clicking going down a very bumpy road , also I got out of the car and moved the tire by hand left and right and it could here a clicking sound and a slightly loose feel. Any ideas? All I have changed is the front struts.

tie rod end?

sway bar mount?

axle?

My truck does the same thing, I havent looked at it yet because frankly IDC lol...

My old Blazer did this too, turned out to be the sway bar mount had deteriorated and it would slap the lower control arm.

tie rod end?

sway bar mount?

axle?

I would also think its one of these, in that order. when wheel bearing start to go, they make more of a constant whirr/grindy noise.

definately tie rod end, sway bar, or balljoint. Al easy jobs if that helps any. If the tire moves left and right and makes a clicking it is the tie rod end or the sway bar, if it moves up and down it is the balljoint, if it hums and feels loose it is probably the bearing :mrgreen:

Thanks for the info guys! Im thinking tie rod end because when I wiggle the steering wheel back and forth i can also here the sound comming from that tire. I haven't posted my next high mileage update yet but im at 324,000k!

I haven't posted my next high mileage update yet but im at 324,000k!

yer car is still a virgin! :lol: thats only about 195,000 miles.

where's the link to the 500,000 mile 3.1 powered Pontiac 6000?

and it sounds like a tie-rod to me.

Yeah I guess these cars are known to go alote higer but still ;)

Anyways I pulled the tire off today and it turned out to be the tie rod end! I could actually move it easily by hand back and forth and reproduce the clicking sound. $25 CDN for a new one and only took about 20mins to swap in.

Thanks again for the info