RWD turbo 3.1++

perfecseal

Ok so heres the deal.. I just got a 2.8 ltr out of an 88 camero rs and the auto tranny with it.. So what I want to know is can I tear down one of my spare 3.1 turbo tgp motors and after a refreshing and a few new parts , Put all the 3.1 stuff (crank , pistons, heads ect..ect.. ) on the rwd 2.8 block.. I dont know what I am goin to put this combo into yet but small light and RWD ++ turbo or if room allows Twin turbo...

I love my TGP till i nail it at a stop sing and spin the tires off so this is my chance to see how fast this combo can be with traction..

It's not exactly that straightforward I don't think. the iron head 2.8 motors are gen 1's.. I don't know if the heads/pistons will fit right clearance wise. You couldn't use any of the TGP parts anyway besides the turbo. crossover, downpipe, etc would be unusable. it'd end up being fully custom setup.

I'd post on 60degreev6.com and get everything straight.

i swear mn must have the most TGP's per capita!! :lol:

I think so too. Although, I bought mine in Wisconsin and brought it back to MN lol. :lol:

new richland is southcentral mn .. 15 miles south of wasca 13 miles north of albertlee 10 miles west of 35I .... I have two complete tgps and 2 parted out tgps... Alll of them bought in Minnesota..

I would like to see this.

only the motor can only be out of a 90 TA in a 87 GP body.

still dont make no sense....

...how bout a 85 buick motor, then it wouldnt be all pontiac. but would more likely happen. If you dont mind parting out a t-type.

cant believe I posted on this thread :rolleyes:

im pretty sure thats ohio :lol:

theres a guy on 60degreev6 with a black firebird with a turbo 3.1. His names like boostedbird or turbobird somethin like that? the car's black. He's a Donating Member, that will help you find him!

I think its MN. I know of AT LEAST 12 TGP's in MN. :cool:

Not if I keep buying them in Ohio, and bringing them back home to Minnesota. Perfecseal your not too terribly far from me...I'm in New Ulm, 25 miles from Mankato.

There are a lot more than 12 in MN :biggrin:. The North seems to have the most TGP's, specifically from MN over to about NY. I know of about 12 or 13 TGP's in GA, the majority are located near Atlanta...