stupid windows... ken, where the hell are you?

stockgp

i know i'm not the only person whose power window came off the regulator. can anyone tell me how to get the damn thing back on? right now, the glass is being held in place by sitting on top of the little wheel on the regulator.

also, anyone have a name or part number for the rubber part that goes around the top of the door and seals with the window?

it has never happened on mine but it is very common. Try an automotive store advanced auto or autozone. they are plastic of course. they are relatively cheap. You are talking about the clip that goes at the back of the window and mounts through a hole in the glass. Just keep in mind that there are 2 clips. one on the bottom of the window also :mrgreen: I havent had this prob on a w-body yet but it is very common n the j-bodies

[attachment deleted by admin] Removed to free up storage space.

I know I know!

front windows of 4 door W-bodys have this issue... sometimes.

this occurs when one of the two retainer clips seperates from the glass. The best adhesive in the world to reattach the clip... if you can find the clip in the bowels of the door... is windshield eurothane adhesive!

The reason you can't get the roller/ball in place..... is that the window track should be on the roller/ball before it is even tipped down in place. You must completely remove the window from the vehicle, reattach the clips if they have fallen off, and insert the window through the top of the door at about a 45 degree angle. once it is on the roller ball, tilt the glass and get both the clips to snap into their tracks. you may need to raise/lower the window motor till you find the right spot for you to be able to do this, btw... usually in the middle of it's travel.

IF your windows retainer clips have not seperated from the glass, and are in good condition, you may need to look at the guide tracks. They are basically a C shaped channel and sometimes with wear and tair they flex out. reach inside hte door and physiclaly pinch the front one tighter, and the rear one may be done the same way, though you might need to remove the door B pilar trim.

good?

nevermind, guys. grabbed the front window track out of my old 90 on a whim. swapped them out and everything functions.

now, shit isn't exactly acting like it's brand new, but it works.

thanks you two. :biggrin: