89GPSE

How accurate is our stock tach? The TGP tach seems to not go below 1200 RPM. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the normal cluster problems, the check gauges light a low fuel light on all the time.

well i cant say how it is for the first gens, but when i had my buddies code reader checking an error code i got, i noticed that my actual rpms are about 100-200 lower than what my tach was showin.

The speedo and tach needles are both WAY off on first gen GP's. Some are worse than others. Most TGP's shift at 5,200-5,400 RPM's, but depending on how far off your needles are, they will read much higher. (on my original TGP cluster, it said mine shifted at 6,100 RPM's, when it was actually shifting at 5,275 RPM's.

Oh damn really, I was getting concerened. On my drive doing about 75 mph, I have to do about 3k rpms. Is that normal? From stop to 75 mph it was a nice 2.2k. Than all of a sudden it kicks up to 3k. wtf is up with that? And no, I wasnt going up a hill. Nice flat roads.