90' G.P. Cluster Info? Im looking for...

RJansen658

Yea, need cluster pinouts, diagrams, etc. for a 1990 GP... having some electrical issues, and they are pointing towards the cluster wiring, but my book just shows a generic representation which is supposed to cover all W's 88-97 which I'm sure they can't all be the same....

Anybody got info on this car? I'm working on it at work, and it's been driving me crazy for a few days now.

Do you have the digital or regular cluster? I've used an 89 Digital for my 92 and it works just fine. That being said, I remember looking and the pins were in the same locations. I get all the normal readings as before, except the temp light comes on and off for some reason.

Do you have the digital or regular cluster? I've used an 89 Digital for my 92 and it works just fine. That being said, I remember looking and the pins were in the same locations. I get all the normal readings as before, except the temp light comes on and off for some reason.

The temp light going on and off is common with those digital clusters mine did that when I had my 89 but I swapped it out for a GTP cluster.

The temp light going on and off is common with those digital clusters mine did that when I had my 89 but I swapped it out for a GTP cluster.

rp

I think the GTP was the same as my orignal. Its got everything the digial has got. Speed, RPM, Gas, Temp, Oil Pressure, and volts.

Heres the digi in mine now

HPIM1126.jpg

Only thing I dont really like is the rpm max on the digi. That and the systems monitor looks like a 4 door car. Kinda cool to have a the same digital numbers from the hud on the cluster as well some cool bars for your gas level.

88-89 was digital/analog combo except for the TGP's(full Analog) All 90's up were full analog... I might be able to find my FSM on the GP"s and get you the pinouts... GM was always swapping pinout locations between years.

Figured it out... what was happening was.... and don't ask me how..... you would be driving down the road at normal speed, and the low coolant light would flicker, the speedo would stop working, and the car would stall or run erraticaly(no injector pulse)... didn't matter how fast I was driving. It would come and go, whenever the speedo was working it ran correctly. After looking at the schematics I discoved all 3 of the affected items were directly connected to the ECM. I replaced the ECM, and everything worked correctly. I also noticed that after I replaced the ECM, when you first started the car up, the low coolant light would come on steady for a few seconds and then go out(which is the way it should), which it did not do with the old ECM.