ATTN: Brian P VERY Important

Robby1870

I had a brain fart today, while working on the car. Okay, when you did your rockers, did you use the stock pushrods or the ones that came with the comp cams kit. Cuz, the stock exhaust pushrods are longer than the intake ones, but I think that is just so they could use the step down, non-adjustable studs. Now, the pushrods Comp Cams sent me are all the same length. They are loner than the stock intake ones, but shorter than the stock exhaust. So, my question is, which is correct to use. Or should I just use the stock exhaust and the comp cams ones for the intake. I only have the lower intake on right now, so I can still change the pushrods easy if need be. Please be as specific as possible in a reply, I dont want to have the intakes open more, and the exhaust valves open less than stock, that would suck. Anyway, any help is appreciated

Robby

well I'm not of much help in this situation because I never bought the comp cams kit. If the pushrods are meant for the 60* Aluminum headed engine, and all of the rockers are able to be installed with the proper pre-load then you're in good shape. Just wondering, are the intake rockers different than the exhaust? Are you using stock pushrod guides? or do you not need them?

Okay, heres what Im using. Im using the stock valve guides, and right now, the Comp Cams pushrods, which I guess are for the iron head V6, since the rockers are. The rockers are the same for intake and exhaust, and yeah, I was able to get them all pre-loaded correctly, I just dont want to have more intake lift than exhaust lift, and since the comp cams rods are shorter than the stock exhaust Im afraid I would be losing some lift. So, you used the stock rods then?? I guess, what I might do, is use the comp cams rods on the intake, (cuz there longer than the stock rods), then use the stock rods on exhaust. I guess, since the rods werent for the aluminum headed Gen II motor, they arent gonna give the right lift. However, do you know if the rods on the iron head motor were the same length like the ones comp cam sent me??

Robby