Red/black TGP?!?!?

red_beast

Hi i´m new in this forum and in the w-body world, i´ve got a 1990 red TGP, but it need a new paintjob in the hood, roof and trunk, and i´ve been recently playing with the idea of painting them black, but i dont know how it would look like and i´m so curious in the idea, what do you think about the idea?? i dont handle photoshop very well so i cant really get a clear idea of how it would look.

:smile:Manus :smile:

1990 Pontiac TGP

Rebuilt engine w/2000 miles

Crower Baja Beast Cam

Custom Exhaust

CAI

Relocated Trans cooler and Intercooler

More to come...

Hey welcome! Hopefully you can post some pics of your car so we can see it, and the condition its in. Somewhere on cardomain.com theres a TGP painted purple, with a black hood...it's not red, but it may help somewhat. I own a 89 red TGP myself. Show some pics of yours mods and tell us more about them!

Krenzy

Hi, well I can post pics right now because my car is under repair, so its in pieces, and i didnt took photos before, i just wanted to have an idea of how it would look like.

I will post pics when i get my car in one piece and running. :sad:

Manus

it might look cheesy......alot of people will say "oh what a ricer he tried to make it look like it has a carbon fiber hood and trunk!!" even if it looked good!!! hey do it because you want to dont let these guys sway your project!! for the future your talking to the wrong guys for opinions on whats "cool" or cosmetically apealing! "cool" to the average w-body owner on here is new/clean stock wheels and a factory replacement floor mats!

do some photo-chopping and decide for yourself!

it might look cheesy......alot of people will say "oh what a ricer he tried to make it look like it has a carbon fiber hood and trunk!!" even if it looked good!!! hey do it because you want to dont let these guys sway your project!! for the future your talking to the wrong guys for opinions on whats "cool" or cosmetically apealing! "cool" to the average w-body owner on here is new/clean stock wheels and a factory replacement floor mats!

do some photo-chopping and decide for yourself!

speak for ur self my car aint stock and it never will be again

All i told him is i think it would look like shit.

haha, are you talking about the car in your sig?? looks pretty stock on the outside......which is what we're talking about here......and im not speaking for myself...my TGP has non-stock wheels and isn't stock "under the hood" either.....im just saying that i read alot of "stay-stock" opinions around here! thats why i say decide for yourself! if hes into the preservation of a classic that sits in the garage...stock works....but if he wants to stand out from the w-body owners that just restor their 1989 cutlass so it looks as grandma as it did the day it came off the show room floor.....then thats up to him!

look....if you like cars that look like grandma-mobiles....then you have already lost all credibility on the subject of asthetics....so what im saying is you ought to be ignored becuase you have no imagination and no taste to begin with!!

do remember that i agree with you guys in this case....i don't think i would be happy with the two tone scheme he describes...but if he wants to play with his car we ought to be more creative in helping him get what he wants out of it instead of just trying to get everyones cars to look stock...

redbeast....cant wait to see some pics and get some dyno numbers...looks like your enjoying moding your car from the looks of your sig........if you want to send me some of your pics and ill do some photoshoping for u (im decent skill wise) i have a few two tone ideas that you might like! PM me and we'll talk!

did i read that right? Did you just try to insult me?

First off i think that my car is just fine as is for now. i go for performance upgrades before the way it looks. Power is always first in my book when it comes to cars.

Second off i dont want all Ws to be left stock. I want him to mod it asked for an opinoin on how that would look he got an opinion. he still has to deside if he wants to do it or not.

third off :motz2: YOU DONT INSULT OTHER MEMBERS HERE!!

I done fightin you on this stupid thing i think the paint job would look like shit.

Its not worth getting banned!!