Front Drivers Side Fender Removal--Help

Corey

A while ago I hit a deer, luckily it hit the drivers side fender not the front of the car. Well when I hit it, it must of slid the fender back a little bit causing the hood gap to be a little smaller on one side and the drivers side door to rub when I open it. My question is, How do I get to the bolts between the wheel and the door? I can get to the others but I cant figgure out how to get to these. thanks for the help

Passenger side gap

Problems006.jpg

Driver side gap

Problems005.jpg

Passenger Side

Problems004.jpg

Driver Side

Problems003.jpg

This is what the door does when I open it[:'(]

http://s146.photobucket.com/albums/r270/09alverc/Grand%20Prix%20Videos/?action=view&current=Problems007.flv

Please remove the small animal from inside the fender that you are harming. :willynilly:

I am just guessing but you can perhaps adjust the fender with the door open and hood up. The row of bolts up top can be VERY slighty loosened and with the door open you can access and slack off the bolt that should be between the door hinges.

You REALLY need 2 people to do this. Close the door and hood and use thick cardboard (bristol board) folded in a V shape as spacers. With several in place around the fender's gaps. Gently insert strips of card into each V so that the V slightly widens and ensure that there is enough play in the bolts to not have the fender MOVE alot but very little. Try the door every time you add strips in each position.

This is assuming that the fender is rubbing though as I would blame the plastic panels or hinge for squeaking.

Does this seem too much or not right folks?

I have the top bolts and the bottom one in front of the wheel loostened but without those others loostened it wont budge, and I cant get to it just by opening the door.

I guess I dont completely understand your theory with using the cardboard but I dont think It will work unless I can get those other bolts loostened.