Passenger Door not opening EDIT: It works!!!

Regal_GS_1989

Alright, i know that this has been discussed before, but my search returned nothing. How does one go about, removing the door panel and adjusting the linkages so that i can open the door again? This all kinda has me stumped though, cause the door worked perfectly before i parked it for the winter, and after digging it out today and bringing it back to life, it no longer works. :willynilly: i guess i should mention that its the passenger door on my cutlass that im referring to.

try the inside and outside handles first. I could open the door from the inside when mine snapped.

But first just take out the seat of the tsuck door for more room, and then remove the door panle. Held in by clips

Just pull the inside handle and see which rod moves and just pull it (or push I forget) and the door should pop open.

EDIT: It opens now. I was unable to open it from the outside or the inside. It seems as if the lock mechanism was sticking internally, so the door wasn't unlocking, which explains why i couldn't open it at all. I played around with the lock a little bit, and then i felt it click and i was able to open the door. It still doesn't open from the outside, but i know exactly why, so im not concerned about that right now. I'll wait until it gets warmer out and once i start driving the car again to fix that.

That happened to me this winter...watched the car and the water got into the lock mechanism and froze...what a bitch it is to get in the car through the passenger side and climbing over the console lol

• 1 month later...

if your on the insdei, lock and unlock the door anually a few times and it shoulod ope nbhappends to me all the time, takes a few times but the nthe door unlocks.

sorry for bringing this back fro mthe dead.