Wanna buy a new car, whats similar to the pushrod MPFI

Pabz

I wanna buy a cheap car with my girlfriend to learn how to fix up, also she needs to be able to drive it, we don't wanna spend over $2000 What engines are like the w-bodies, 2.8 and 3.1 MPFI, what about the J'body's like cavaliers and berettas, are those pushrods too? are they basically the same as the 2.8's and 3.1's in the w-bodies, she likes sunroofs, or maybe even convertibles, maybe a tripple black 94 cutlass would be good if i could find one near me that isn't too expensive,

god forbid i get a honda civic accord or even a prelude?

what do you guys think

i wanna be able to work on the engine and fix it myself!!!!

The 2.8/3.1/3100/3400 are all the same, with the 3100/3400 having different heads and intake manifolds, but mechanically the same.

You can finds dozens of Beretta Z26's with the 3100 and sunroof's and Beretta GT's with the 3.1's. Cavalier Z24's have 3.1 and a lot of times sunroof's. 92+ Grand Am's have 3100 and sunroof's. All these cars can be bought for under 2k in good condition, especially Beretta's and Cavalier's.

The 2.8/3.1/3100/3400 are all the same, with the 3100/3400 having different heads and intake manifolds, but mechanically the same.

You can finds dozens of Beretta Z26's with the 3100 and sunroof's and Beretta GT's with the 3.1's. Cavalier Z24's have 3.1 and a lot of times sunroof's. 92+ Grand Am's have 3100 and sunroof's. All these cars can be bought for under 2k in good condition, especially Beretta's and Cavalier's.

Yah I'll second that one for sure, as I looked at those exact cars when I was looking for my car and noticed exactly 90TGP said

Any GM car W-Body or smaller in the same year range 88-93 I belive, could be had with a either the 2.8, or 3.1 as an option. They may have some small differances in elctronics and stuff but the engine itself is the same. Corsica's, Berreta's, Caviliers, Sunbirds.