Cool new Pioneer HU's

GnatGoSplat

Pioneer emailed these links to me today. The AVIC-D3 is badass. :drool:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/top/cat/article/0,,2076_310069607_411376305,00.html

Looks like I'll be upgrading the DEH-P6800MP in the convertible to a DEH-P6900UB!

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/top/cat/article/0,,2076_310069607_411376301,00.html

I'M SO PISSED THEY NOW HAVE A USB iPOD INTERFACE!!!!

I should have waited.... 3 months before I bought a new HU!!!!

UGH... they're cool, but I always buy too early!

Where are the radio preset buttons on that 6900UB?

Where are the radio preset buttons on that 6900UB?

I don't think it has any. My 6800 doesn't have any. I forget how you go through them, but it has something to do with pressing a button then turning the knob.

I love it too, but isnt it double DIN? how would we stuff it in our 1.5 DIN openings?

Regals are double-DIN, as are Intrigues.

As for stuffing in a double DIN in a 1.5-DIN opening, you can always cut & fabricate!

I love it too, but isnt it double DIN? how would we stuff it in our 1.5 DIN openings?

Regals are double-DIN, as are Intrigues.

As for stuffing in a double DIN in a 1.5-DIN opening, you can always cut & fabricate!

Exactly my intention! :cool:

I just installed a AVIC-D2 at work the other day. The D3 doesn't appear to be much more than the D2, excepted updated, and few small features. IF I got a Pioneer DD Nav. system, I would HAVE to get this: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/v3/pg/product/details/0,,2076_310069685_93768381_tab=B,00.html?compName=PNA_V3_ProductDetailsComponent

I guess I care too much about tuning my music and making it sound the way I want.

D2 is what I have in my truck. The D3 has a smaller screen, but it adds these features:

- High speed iPod interface (D2 iPod control is so bad, it's completely worthless).

- Plays DVD video, DiVX, etc. D2 cannot play video at all.

- Rotary volume control. D2 has up/down buttons.

- Illumination can be changed to match the vehicle. D2 is green with 2 purplish blue buttons.

- Supports optional bluetooth module for hands-free cellphone control. D2 can't.

For me, iPod control is the most significant improvement. I haven't used CD's for years.

That DEQ looks pretty cool, although at my age I'm not that particular anymore. 10yrs ago the only HU's I would buy were the high-end ones that only had high-volt preouts and no built-in amps, but anymore the built-in amps are good enough for me.

D2 is what I have in my truck. The D3 has a smaller screen, but it adds these features:

- High speed iPod interface (D2 iPod control is so bad, it's completely worthless).

- Plays DVD video, DiVX, etc. D2 cannot play video at all.

- Rotary volume control. D2 has up/down buttons.

- Illumination can be changed to match the vehicle. D2 is green with 2 purplish blue buttons.

- Supports optional bluetooth module for hands-free cellphone control. D2 can't.

For me, iPod control is the most significant improvement. I haven't used CD's for years.

That DEQ looks pretty cool, although at my age I'm not that particular anymore. 10yrs ago the only HU's I would buy were the high-end ones that only had high-volt preouts and no built-in amps, but anymore the built-in amps are good enough for me.

I totally forgot that the D2 doesn't play DVD's, that it only has video input. Yeah, the D3 is a big improvement.

OOooh! Chris! How do I add that to my car?! I have WANTED to do a surround sound type install for years!

I wasn't really interested in the surround sound as much as the fact of the high voltage output and the much higher bit d/a convertor.

BTW, they make amps that are 5.1, for vehicles. They can be pricey though.

twice as much as my deck...hmmm.

not gonna buy into that just so I can cut up my dash. no removable face either.

JVC wins.

• 2 weeks later...

wow... I was gonna go with an Alpine because of their high-speed ipod interface... but theirs doesn't work with video, so I think i'm back to pioneer. That D3 will be in my car.

I got a Monstercable video Ipod interface cable. doesnt use the headphone jacks, it plugs into the bottom for video and sound quality of a DVD changer almost. all gold connections and braided cable. they cost 50 bucks though.