Second Battery

Puggsley456

Yes you could. But in an effort to save some money I was curious about grounding it in the back instead. I read somewhere that the average car chassis is the equivalent of a 2-3 gauge ground.

The only rear good spot I could see to ground a battery back there would to be to ground it at the rear bumper. Thats solid metal and not the sheetmetal that would be grounding it to. Either that or the strut tower would prolly work just as well.

I am using the strut tower for the battery. but need more and closer to the amp on the driver side since it is 1500 watts and your grounds have to be 18" or less.

..the more the merrier just so long as its not factory wire :willynilly: :lol:

joking, anyway what I did was drill a few holes in the floor trying to hit the fraim rail that goes along the floor near the base of the strut tower. the right side was a bitch and didnt seem to go through no rail, but got a pretty thick threading thickness on the driver side and tapped it. then took the grinder and cleaned it to bare metal, applied a thick coat of kopr-shield and took a gold sidepost terminal with an aux post and threaded it in there. I havent hooked up an amp to it yet, but when I tightened it, seemed like it might strip out if any tighter. so be careful and drill with too small of a drill bit before you tap.

this reminds me, gotta go fill those other 2 holes with some metal filler.

after doing what I did, thinking I probably could have just saved time and used the other strut tower stud on the driver side.