Floor shift conversion...

jtfdzn

I know this has come up before, but I failed to find the post. I'm sick of my column shift, (it definitely doesn't match the exterior looks) and was looking to put it on the floor and build myself a fiberglass console. I have the 4T60 tranny, which is the same as the Eurosport Lumina's, correct? (my car is a base model) So basically just find an Euro with floor shift and, what all do I need? I was also wondering how feasible a 5spd conversion is. I came really close to selling my car last week to buy a 5spd 96 240sx, but backed out at the last minute. I remember seein' someone on here that had done it...

Thanks guys...

-Joel

Yea, it was really tempting, but I don't like fitting in the molds of what most people consider the coolest cars. I prefer pulling up and confusing people what im driving excactly:-) I will still get a 240 sometime next spring probably, but I want to keep the Lumina and continue my plans...

Damn! I love what you have done to your Lume! I had a '92 Euro I started to do that to, but it ended up hitting a bunch of deer and totaling it before I got around to finishing it. Man.. no matter what you get in the future, I'd hang on to that Lumina!

i did this to my buddy's car. you need the shifter, cable to the trans, and cable up to the ignition switch. to do it all right you need the column too. we tried to swap the peice of the c olumn and ended up swapping out the column entirely as there was too much different.

its VERY straightforward, the holes were even in the floor to bolt the shifter down.

Sounds simple enough. What about the 5spd stuff? Super hard? Prolly need new ECM and all that too or what. 5spd is way too fun for me not to consider:-)