ATTN: N E 1 W/ 3100 FFP UD Pulley or info about stock Pulley

AWeb80

For starters: Moderators Please don't move! I want as many people to see this as possible.

Anyone with the FFP underdrive pully or anyone with knowledge about the 3100 stock one, is it a dampner pulley? I tried telling my dad that I might make my own since I work at a machine shop. He says it is probably a dampner pulley and that since it is hooked to the crank shaft it has a rubber spacer in-between the inner and outer portion to dampen engine vibrations.

Please let me know for sure if it is or not.

What my plan is, is for someone to get all the dimensions of our stock one, or if someone would want to get the dimensions from the FFP UD pulley. I want to make my own cause i don't want to pay what FFP wants for it, it's too much i think. Plus if i get the dimensions from someone (i don't have time or access to a decent junk yard), I will draw up the print so the guys at my work can make it for me.

Ok, now if anyone else is interested, please speak up. Cause, more than likely, (if it works out that I can get it made), I might be able to get it made cheaper than the FFP pulley. I need to know how many are interested in order to get a quote. I would think it should be cheaper cause I’ll do all the drawings of the prints and dimensions (which will save labor time, which = $ saved), and I also have connections.

I’m not doing this to make money for myself (cause I’m a nice guy), I’m doing cause I know there are others who probably want an UD Pulley and don’t want to pay the FFP price. Hopefully the more people that want one - the cheaper it might be!

I’ll keep an update as much as I can, cause I work 10-11 hours a day at the machine shop right now. That’s until I go back to school after summer break.

If you are wondering if I know what I’m doing, don’t worry. I’m going to the 3rd rated college in the nation for machine tool and I have a 3.7 GPA there – so don’t worry.

Ok, That’s about all I can think of for the moment.

Again this is for the 3100 or if the 3.1 and 2.8 are the same size.

Sorry for you 3.4 guys, unless someone can get me dimensions and crap for those UD Pulley sizes.

PM me if you have info or dimensions. Just post back if you are interested.

- A. Web

FFP pulleys are made out of Aircraft Aluminum. That stuff is not cheap..hence the pulleys are not cheap. Are you able to get the materials cheaper from somewhere and do work in your machine shop with the aluminum? I'm just curious. Good Luck with the project. :wink:

FFP pulleys are made out of Aircraft Aluminum. That stuff is not cheap..hence the pulleys are not cheap. Are you able to get the materials cheaper from somewhere and do work in your machine shop with the aluminum? I'm just curious. Good Luck with the project. :wink:

Yes, the FFP pulleys are 6061-T6 Aluminum. We work with the stuff all the time. We have anywhere from 4in dia. to 12in dia. stock laying around, not being used. Yes, i might be able to get it cheaper.

If someone can get me some dimensions. I'd be glad to persue this project for the benefit of anyone who's interested.

There is a guy that works with me who is a genius and could probably figure out a way to make it.