Sedan Door Handle/Latch Question

Robby1870

Alright, I tried to go to work today. With our freeze and rain last nite I tried opening the car with the newest handle and that worked. When I got in, I tried to open the driver's door from the inside. It opened, but now it wont latch. I've go the door panel off and outside door handle off. Hopefully I can describe this. On the latch part, if I move the "fork" that fits around the latch post to the "closed" position and move the little lock tab for it by hand, it all moves fine and the inside door handle releases the little lock tab. But, the problem is the little lock tab wont lock itself when the fork is moved to the closed position.

When the passenger door broke (broke in the closed position) all I had to do was replace the little plastic piece that connects the rod from the outside door handle to the latch mechanism. Is that all this problem is too?

Probably all the rain/freezing rain gummed up the latch.

Once it warms up, clean it with some degreaser and qu tips, then spray it down with some silicone lubricant.

Yeah, I was gonna do the silicone thing last night before it started freezing, but I looked and didn't have any and didn't have time to go out and buy some.