Class Action Lawsuit

3WH12-96

I didn't get the letter, but why is there a lawsuit? Dexcool is the orange, not the green, correct?

Correct.

SHIT I'm gettin that crap outta my TGP when it comes out for the spring. :willynilly:

so what is the lawsuit stating exactly??

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/gm_dexcool.html

Just a bunch of dummies that think Dex-cool is causing problems that are completely unrelated to Dex itself.

Some idiots actually think intake gasket problems are caused by Dex. Purely coincidence because GM switched to the new style rubber & plastic LIM gaskets around the same time they started factory-filling w/Dex. 3.4 DOHC owners know better because we had the new style gaskets before Dex and they still leaked!

Some idiots actually think intake gasket problems are caused by Dex. Purely coincidence because GM switched to the new style rubber & plastic LIM gaskets around the same time they started factory-filling w/Dex. 3.4 DOHC owners know better because we had the new style gaskets before Dex and they still leaked!

Although I agree with you on the plastic gaskets being shit but a leaky LIM gskt wont plug a radiator and sludge things up Dexcool is NOT a 150,000 mile coolant and that is the problem but every tightass in the world that thinks that 100,00 mile spark plugs, coolant and the like need to go live in fairyland..shit wears out and old school you replaced coolant every 30,000 miles Dexcool is SHIT

Although I agree with you on the plastic gaskets being shit but a leaky LIM gskt wont plug a radiator and sludge things up Dexcool is NOT a 150,000 mile coolant and that is the problem but every tightass in the world that thinks that 100,00 mile spark plugs, coolant and the like need to go live in fairyland..shit wears out and old school you replaced coolant every 30,000 miles Dexcool is SHIT

I wouldn't leave it in there for 150,000 miles either, but I don't believe the sludge stories either. All the engines people report "sludge" are the same ones where GM installed these sealing pellets. After the sludge stories came out, GM recommended to discontinue use of the pellets. There are TSB's about it. Again, another coincidence.

i really have no problems with dexcool myself, if people are going to file any class action suit, i'd file for GMs inability to make a decent gasket in the past 13 years

i really have no problems with dexcool myself, if people are going to file any class action suit, i'd file for GMs inability to make a decent gasket in the past 13 years

YES!! this is where the lawsuit needs to be. lol.

im undecided about the sludge associated with Dex. i recently had my coolant system flushed cuz i noticed it was really nasty. it took the mechanic 3 flushes to clean it out because it was so bad. its partly my fault it was so bad since i never checked it in the 2 years ive owned the car. but then again ive never seen the green that dirty either.

The slude and DEXCOOL is bullshit. Ive got and Ive have prestone when my LIM went bad, and it was just milky. The design of the gaskets suck, and its not the fault of the coolant making them go bad.

This "lawsuit" is just proof that people are fucking retards and should learn about something before they do something that they have no clue what they are talking about.

I haven't had any problems with dex-cool. But, I have replaced intake gaskets on 3.4's and my 4.3. Personally I wouldn't push the coolant that far, and my truck had somewhere around 90k when we drained it. IMO, the intake manifold was more corroded than other engines I've seen with the green stuff in it. I still will continue to use dexcool, I will just make sure to not run it as far as they say.

I really dont know what to say about this one except the fact that ever since they switched gaskets there has been an extreme amount of problems, but i really would have to disagree about dexcool. the only thing i found with dexcool is that it doesnt like to be mixed with other coolant, which too many people are dumb enough to do. My choice i would stick with regular antifreeze because i dont like using any fluid for more than 2 years anyhow. I am very strict to my maintnence schedules for everything.

I really dont know what to say about this one except the fact that ever since they switched gaskets there has been an extreme amount of problems, but i really would have to disagree about dexcool. the only thing i found with dexcool is that it doesnt like to be mixed with other coolant, which too many people are dumb enough to do. My choice i would stick with regular antifreeze because i dont like using any fluid for more than 2 years anyhow. I am very strict to my maintnence schedules for everything.

What happens when they are mixed? I think the previous owner of my car did that- my overflow tank is full of orange, and my radiator has green with orange lookin swirls in it. :willynilly:

What happens when they are mixed? I think the previous owner of my car did that- my overflow tank is full of orange, and my radiator has green with orange lookin swirls in it. :willynilly:

It's not good, thats all I know.

I've "heard" that Dexcool is a negatively charged fluid and green is a positively charged fluid. Mixing them together, combined with heat from the engine forms a light brown/yellowish sludge inside your radiator and engine.

I've "heard" that Dexcool is a negatively charged fluid and green is a positively charged fluid. Mixing them together, combined with heat from the engine forms a light brown/yellowish sludge inside your radiator and engine.

correction. if they mix you could very well end existence as we know it!

The only problem I have noticed with my Dexcool is that when it starts to break down, it just goes for a shit. At that same time the temp gauge starts to head towards really hot like a bat outta hell, even in -25C weather :lol:

so what is the lawsuit stating exactly??

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/08/gm_dexcool.html

Just a bunch of dummies that think Dex-cool is causing problems that are completely unrelated to Dex itself.

Like I said earlier i agree that the gaskets are shit NO ? about it......but I am a man and will fess up when I am wrong and i spose mythoughts on the Dex was from when it first came out cause back then it was shit (since then they added ethylene glycol to it) and it has helped things out I asked a couple techs at work their thoughts So my most humble apologies futhermore i also agree nothing has 150,000 mile lifespan

Dex was from when it first came out cause back then it was shit (since then they added ethylene glycol to it) and it has helped things out

It was always ethylene glycol. The only difference between Dex-cool and green coolant is the anti-corrosion additives - Organic Acid Technology in Dex-cool, silicates in green.

The only stuff that was different was Sierra-branded propylene glycol, considered environmentally friendly because it's non-toxic to humans and animals. I don't even know if they sell that stuff anymore.