Carnage of an International Flavour

Stevo

One of the 395. =(

likenewks0.jpg

So friday... exactly a week from the accident on Mt.Thom my father actually offered to drive me up to NewGlasgow to get my personal affects from the car. I must admit I was rather shocked at the offer in general and the fact that I had to go up that hell hill. I was actually like I was in shock again. Fuck I could'nt stop shaking at all. Anxiety coupled with not getting much sleep was beating the living shit out of any and all confidence I could muster. I am usually laid back and can converse with ease what I need to say but that morning I was a babbling idiot who couldnt stand still.

We got ready. Checked over the truck and finally headed out. On the way there was an accident. A large suburban slid into the right thin rail of an overpass and bounced off into 2 other suvs and the rail opposite. Lucky bastard... there wasnt much rail at all to have kept him from going over since it was a really old overpass. My dad slowed down immediately and even we felt the slide... (yeah I was shitting myself). FIRST THING I DID, despite the fact my back was killing me was crane around and stare directly behind us and not the accident. Sure enough there were cars coming up. I said get the hell going and he pulled off but then started rubber necking and I told him to just pull over. There was about 3 people gabbing on cell phones standing around their pretty smashed vehicles. We got the hell out of there.

Driving on we actually for quite a while. I dont even remember talking to him ever for more than 5 minutes. We passed the accident spot and I think I was glad I didnt notice it since it was daytime and the accident was at night. We eventually got to where we were going at Tri-county's yard.

I took a deep breath and groaned my aching ass out of the truck. Walked up to the owner and greeted him. I immediately thanked him for picking it up and putting it in the holding cage. Since he was heading out I didnt have much of a chance to chat. He opened the cage and stood for about a couple of minutes at this...

ndvd001rg6.gif

My father looked at it and even he was amazed. The Intrepid must have acted like a metal marshmellow and sucked that car right up to it's rear seat. His look at me was blankfaced.

ndvd006zf6.gif

Those cross braces are pretty strong =p

ndvd003du0.gif

Shot of the side where you can see the A-pillars back are good.

ndvd005hn5.gif

Until you see the roof which pretty much shows where the energy impact went from turning back into the car.

No wonder I could not get the door closed. Would have been interesting had the impact popped the door open too... I'd be a road apple.

bentdoorframekq6.gif

bentroofrl6.gif

Last but not least. A shot of my rear buckets where a (3ton)Jack, 2 fullsized Full Toolboxes, Large Socket kit, Basic Screwdriver kit, A Carryall Filled with various fluids and Assorted tools like a Large 4/way Spinner, all decided to not stay in my trunk but visit me up front through the back seats. Thankfully I put the Jack's bar crossways in the back against the rear light bar inside. I am not sure I would have liked that spear to go past me (or perhaps through). The whole rear seating area was pryed up from the gear and that milk crate you see is sitting in the driver's side rear seat contained about 9-10 CD spindles of CDs which pretty much covered the inside of the car. I checked out everything as best as I could (hard to move around at this time).

ndvd008ro6.gif

The engine seems to be fine since it was in drive and decided to keep going up the highway while I was sleeping... =(

It looks salvagable since only the top portion of the noseclip/frame was pushed. The impact pushed the car down like it submarined the Intrepid. This is only a top view so I have no idea what the bottom end looks like. Then again I may be wrong and the head may have popped from the back and forth of that top longitudinal crossmember. The Rad and Aux Cooler will be needed for a transfer.

lq11gg6.jpg

I think we have a good donor car for the 88'. I have to wrangle it back to Dartmouth. It could cost up to $500 to get it back. I know I need the tank et al and I shelled out like $700 just for that. There are other numerous parts on that car which are still useful.

I took all these pics from video I shot. I will make a short vid showing it as well.

=O

wow steveo.....i feel bad

at least you are ok

w's must not be as bad as some people claim in wrecks

my cousing got hit broad side on the pass side door at 45 mph and she walked away w/ minor leg bruises.

I would like to. Right now it's up in the air. I am more concerned with getting back to work or at the very least gainful employment. I don't have the money to throw at the Franken-Cutlass at the moment even though I think it's mostly time and effort that will cost me to clip both cars in parts. I also have to have the find out if I am even eligable to have the final Franken-Cutlass on the road through my insurance broker who at the moment does'nt seem to give a shit about taking care of the car or my no-car issues. Not saying they are totally abandoning me... they are concerned with my health more despite the fact that the most you can sue for pain and suffering in NS Canada is like $2500 + Medical Costs.

If it does come down to it that the two cars cannot be clipped. I will part out. I won't chisel or gouge anyone THAT I can promise. Better that the parts go to whom really needs them than to see good parts go straight to the yard and be crushed like that 91' International Sedan I witnessed. :cry:

Also besides employment, physical ouchieness, time and a space to work. I have the weather which I defiantly shake my fist at, to blame for holding back progress. Normally I would be right the hell down there ripping bad parts off the 88' and getting ready for making my very own monster.... MUAHhaHHAhahhAhHHAhahhHAhahahAHAHa....

Wow, sorry about the car Stevo. :cry:

I'm glad you're okay though.

It doesn't look very good to me. The frame rails on either side haven't collapsed hardly at all, but the roof (safety cage) is already buckling. The front end (crumple zones) are not absorbing enough energy which means driver gets it all. Good thing it wasn't a high speed crash.

Wow, sorry about the car Stevo. :cry:

I'm glad you're okay though.

It doesn't look very good to me. The frame rails on either side haven't collapsed hardly at all, but the roof (safety cage) is already buckling. The front end (crumple zones) are not absorbing enough energy which means driver gets it all. Good thing it wasn't a high speed crash.

your right Shawn...i'm not the best at seeing that....