People here are R'TARDED!!! :edit:

Stevo

I just got back from a car auction which ironically is a 10min walk from my place and where I got my last Cutlass.

They had this car...

Image_0121_0038_0001_Med.jpg

1994 Olds Cutlass 1994, Oldsmobile, Cutlass, Blue, Cylinders: 6-3100, Meter Reading: 204666km/127173miles, VIN: 1G3WH15M7RD305179, DOORS: 2, Automatic Transmission, A/C (actually works), PWR Steering, PWR Brakes, PWR Windows, PWR Locks, Cruise Control, Tilt Steering, AM/FM, Cassette
Needs: New door hinges-Driver's side, Hood latch and cable, Something funky with the panel being half detached under the steering column, Driver's side doorhandle, Passenger side fender badly bubbled around the wheel trim, Oil around the heads and sitting atop the block (valve covers,oil pump drive?), Driving lamps, some tlc on body rust in very small areas common to the cars, Rocker's seemed find despite being cladded and iced which made crunching sounds when pressed on - I can summize them as solid, the blue interior needs a good amount of washing or a good hosing, also for the first time ever the emergency brake in one of these has actually worked :willynilly:

We started a cold 3100 which made what appeared to me a good sound from I can only expect a doctored motor. Pulling the dipstick the dark oil was up the stick about 10"!!!!, Cleaned and checked it to see about a litre/quart down. I was'nt sure all this adds up to some additive to quiet the car on start and the low oil is the result of the oil pump drive leaking (my bro's new 99' Lumina is has a real LOUD tapping on start which quiets after heating up).The rad's contents were pretty clean as well. Overall the car was a B maybe C+ and with some more $ could pass inspection.

I think 400-500 w/ a bit of handwork since the cars are sold as-is without inspection.

The auctioneer intro'd the car as 'A nice cutlass' and I could swear he said something about 'rental car' bidding started at $1500 - 1000 - 500 (2 people began bidding, I think an actual buyer and more than likely a shill bidder, since buyers mostly sit on the bleachers passenger side and people who would be comfortable there stand on the Driver's side where the auctioneer - wouldnt a new person move directly to the bleachers?) - 600 - 650 - 675 held ... the auctioneer kept going back and forth and it stopped with a 'I'll give the seller a call to confirm'. My brother looked at me saying ok lets go we got shit to do. =\

Anyone think I played it right? I got ripped off last time here when the Alternator, IntakeManifold and an already leaking Oilpump Drive was a major issue on the LQ1 despite the fact that I had made an offer earlier. The auction house was no doubt in cahoots with the seller (they make more if it sells more) on shill bidding. That car went to $3000 faster than any car previous to it. My offer gave them their target to shoot for. Bad idea. You learn.

I have emergency money. I have 2 non working vehicles I can make 1 good one out of. I am not working and I need a vehicle to get around and with this weather and no space my plans for the 2 is very limited. I was looking to get a car to get around and I'm very choosey to stick with what I know.

Anyone see anything here I don't or a comment? Has anyone bought an auction car? Anyone get ripped off?

I'm not sure really. It had a 3100 in it... 300,000KMs on it :cry: and looked like it had endured all of those KMs inside and out.

Here in NS, Canada our used cars are in poor condition. I few friends from out west said that anyone from here who goes out there and tries to sell their car gets a lower offer due to how much abuse the roads and salt hand out.

The auction is pretty much a private dealers way of getting rid of his worst cars through another party and not revealing himself...

http://www.dominionauctions.com/auction/inventory.php

Check out the Intrigue and especially the black Aurora w/ V8. They all have high KMs on them and you can bet that any 4door car there was more than likely a cab. The best car there was the Cadillac DeVille, it was clean inside and out and looked to be garaged alot. You could eat off the engine. I may go down again this weekend and this time remember to take more pics.

The Cutlass didnt go for 675!!! Wtf???

I'm thinking the seller is smoking something. It's on the block again this weekend. This should be interesting. The asshole must be looking for 1000-1500 for it. Which would be great if it could pass our yearly inspections here but it wont. =\

Ok ... last Saturday I missed it's auction but you have no idea how retarded people are here when it comes to cars and value.

The asshole selling this car wants $1000 goddamn dollars!!! Shit! My International was loaded with less KMs and was only worth maybe $2500 in top shape!!!!

So I am searching around and I found THIS MORAN!!!

http://www.thebiglot.com/ad_auto.asp?WI=7474391031&MK=OLDSMOBILE&MD=CUTLASS%20SUPREME&PO=on&PN=1&YL=1993&YH=1997&AT=1&LE=on&SU=on&

Nice car. Even if it's like new through and through it's only at best worth... $3500 but THAT MUCH!?!?!?

I'm starting to get rather pissed trying to relocate another RUNNING olds.

=(::: yeah ... I need a car now unfortunately.

I want to get another Cutlass with all the new parts I have on and off the 93'. Also what I know about them. With the 88' in the driveway dead and the 93' 200kms away and no where to put them both together to form Franken-Cutlass ... I am somewhat screwed in that department.

My brother techincally doesnt own the 99' Lumina in the driveway and I told him I would put a temp sticker in the window, fix what was wrong with it (very minor) and switch my insurance to it to get around. If he doesnt buy it ... I would have wasted my $$$.

f0k!

Also I have found a number of earlier Internationals for sale too. I prefer the 92-93's better.

Shit for 12K I could go down to Florida and buy a Convertable with a 1/3rd the Kms and a few years newer and drive it back and still have a butt load of cash left over.

Whats wrong with my 88' ... the whole gastank from the fuel filter back is toast. When I tried to get the fuel filter off i was apparent it was crossthreaded. Angry ... I took a break and slid the creeper up to see all the vent lines disintegrate when I tapped them with my finger. Probably the whole tank's top is gone.

Psychomatt... I will send you links when I get back from the auction. I have a plan... an evil plan... involving placing oil on areas of the engine that when they heat up make the motor look suspicious. I get revenge on the asshole who fucked me over for the last car I bought there. MUUAHHahHAhahAHhahahahA ... im not nice.

2402070055xd1.jpg

[me=Psych0matt]wants an 89-90 international[/me]

Ken knows where a one owner 90 international coupe is parked... less than 50 feet from his cars... but it hasn't run since 1998... simply due to a fuel pump.

Ken.... wants an international sedan!

Hahaha... well the stunt almost worked.

The car went for 600 on my bid which was my ceiling. The guy wants 1000 and I think he has a better chance of winning the lottery since the winning bids for the car keep plummeting every week. I am gonna go down during the week and just walk in and offer 500 and produce some paperwork showing what needs to be done. Obviously they are gonna round file the whole thing when I leave but I guess there isnt much to expect from people who sell cars which come with an AS-IS clause and no inspection sticker.

Time for me to start making plans for the Franken-Cutlass since my 88' is in critical condition and the 93' has gone to highway heaven...

lol, can you tell I have too much time on my hands?

ahhhhhhmengs2.jpg

Auction #4 and it gets funnier.

I am just going to assume the car has been there only a month.

The 17th of Feb. the car auctioned for $675.

The 24th of Feb. the car auctioned for $650.

The 31st of Feb. the car auctioned for $600.

Today the 3rd of Mar. the car auctioned for $500.

I went into the office after it was all over and made a gracious offer of $500 and was flat rejected.

Any bets this car hits $400 or a projected $300 next week? I have nothing else to do. :lol: