OIL CHANGE

rockfangd

I've also read where the bypass in Fram filters opens at a super low PSI then you get oil going around unfiltered :confused: I seem to remember 8 PSI, and when your car runs 30 + PSI of oil pressure normally this can cause problems.

Dad wanted to use one of their filters on his Passat... Don't think so!

Fram sucks dick, I've seen it first hand since all Wal-Mart uses is Fram.

The supertech filters have E-core now, since they are identical to AC Delco filters.

I use Mobil 1/Amsoil with a Wix.

Wix can be found anywhere. Napa's Gold line of filters is wix and every "real" auto parts store carries them. I use to use Purolator, but Meijer stopped carrying them for *gasp* FRAM!

The newer AC Delco E-cores are trash. I can't fathom using one. I was a hardcore Champion Labs fan before E-core. I've PERSONALLY seen two instances where E-core filters caused severe drops in oil pressure. I wouldn't touch them with 10 foot pole.

I haven't even seen an Ecore version of the PF47 or PF52 yet in my area and I've purchased several(10+) AC Delco filters at various stores in the past few months. I have seen other Ecore AC Delco filters though. Lately, I've been using a lot of AC Delco and motorcraft filters.

Take a look at Wal-Mart Super Tech equivalents for the PF47 and PF53. I've been using Super Tech filters for a while and have had no issues.

Right now I'm using a FRAM tough guard filter (bought it just to see if it was as crappy as the others). Has 99% multi pass filtration, and has more pressure than the mobil 1 filters I used before. However I firmly agree that the bottom of the line FRAM filters are complete and utter crap. Also I tried an STP filter, but I didn't really like the plastic filter core.

i have never used the rgular fram i always use the double gaurd. . thats all we use at walmart is those damn frams, the onl benefit that i have ever seen is that the shells do not swell that easy. i guess